DAYS: Friday

• Members

Second day into sweeps and it was really good. It might be confusing to a returning viewer who hasn't kept up with what's going on but there was the beginning of one storyline and that is Shawn and Willow's baby and now Hope wants the child to raise herself with Bo, of course. Also, a returning viewer will learn that Shawn knows and soon will understand that Belle has no clue.

The Sami/Celeste/EJ story if more bizarre than I even imagined. The cliffhanger had the hair on my arms raising and I nearly screamed with Sami. It was terrific. Monday, come on.

Oh, the dysfunctional Roberts brood. I don't know what is worse, an overbearing mother or one who thinks of her kids only as a afterthought. At least Kate cares about her children and wants them around. I like her most of the time.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also like Kate sometimes. I know that practically everything she does, is what she believes is to protect her children. But, sometimes you just have to let people live their lives as they wish, and learn from their own mistakes. That's the biggest issue between Lucas and Sami, IMO. No doubt about it that Sami has made mistakes in the past, but Kate has always looked just as bad by interferring in their relationship. Sure she doesn't want Lucas to get hurt, but that's what he needs to figure things out on his own, otherwise he will always blame Kate.

• Members

I finally finished the episode, and i really enjoyed it...The Lucas, Billie, Kate scenes were the best..And as everyone said there were some great zingers..Its also interesting to point out that Julie, Bryan, and Lauren actually could pass as family...The cliffhanger with Sami was great, can't wait for monday...and the week after...

Bo and Hope--its been so nice seeing the two of them finally interact together..its about damm time...And Brandon Beemer is the sexiest man on daytime..Thanks for keeping his shirt off the entire episode..

• Members

Fans are usually complaining about the shirtless men in Salem. :lol:

Today was such a great episode!

Like everyone else, the highlight for me was Lucas, Kate and Billie. I loved the mentions that Kate is responsible for how screwed up the lives of her children are. Julie, Bryan and Lauren pulled off the dysfunctional family chemistry very well. I could actually see a family like that in a local restaurant, just berating each other.

• Members

One lesson I learned from today's show....whenever my children are facing a situation or challenge and I'm tempted to "help" them out, I will ask myself "What would Kate Roberts do?". And then I will do exactly the opposite. :D

Everyone looked so stunning today. I loved Sami's hair with the wide headband that matched her dress. Billie looked especially good, too; loved the highlights in her hair.

• Members

I'm watching right now on SoapNet.

God, I love when people call him "Elvis!" Susan Banks immediately pops into my mind, and I smile.

Julie Pinson is totally channeling Krista Allen's version of Billie today, IMO. I love her look. She's gorgeous! I'd like to see her hair with the flippy short cut again, though, like it was when she came on in the summer of 2004 (and also from her early PC days). And wow, she and Bo are really sniping at one another in this scene.

Christ almighty, Kate looks like a hot mess with all those colors in her hair. Blonde or brunette, pick one! And if you're going to color it, make sure you color it all... not just the bottom half of the back. That looks so ridiculous. Lighten up on the lip gloss, too -- it just makes the lip injections stand out, and not in a good way. Koslow, you're gorgeous... there's no need to channel Angelina Jolie.

Sami looks great today! Her hair is still too light for her skin color, though. Platinum blonde isn't her look. Darken it by a shade or two! I'm used to this look by now, though... she's had it this color for a while now. Other than that, she looks good. I love the headband.

Celeste is ageless.

How pathetic is it that I'm already on the second commercial break, and the only thing I've found interesting enough to comment on is the hairdos of the women? It's nice that things are happening in the stories (finally), but we're still seeing far too many of the same characters we've seen for the last four months. Thank God we have a little Hope today!

• Members

Oops. I just completely ignored the third segment while I was typing a reply in another thread, LoL. I clicked "post reply" and turned around just in time to see the screen fading to black on Bo/Billie.

Guess this episode isn't holding much of my attention.

• Members

The little lamps on all the tables at Chez Rouge look so incredibly dollar-store cheap, but I still like 'em, LoL. They just look like they're about to fall over everytime someone touches the table.

Wow, Billie's being such a [!@#$%^&*] to Kate! LoL

Ooh, Belle just randomly appeared, coming out of the bathroom. She must've had a massive bowel movement. I'm guessing that Martha Madison came in a little late the day this episode was taped? Or maybe they taped half of these scenes one day, and half of them on another day, hence her being gone and then suddenly popping up. That's the only reason I can find for not having her behind Shawn through the entire episode giving worried looks as he talks to his parents on the phone, LoL

• Members

Ooh, Sami finding EJ is a GREAT scene... GREAT ending! An actual Friday cliffhanger! Wowie! LoL

Kate questioning the paternity of Sami's baby to Lucas, then suddenly screams from Sami. That was fantastic!

• Members

Another great episode!!

Lucas, Kste, Billie was fantastic. First off, I like Billie's new coloring in her hair. The one liners these three had with each other were great. Lucas and Billie coming down on Kate was long overdue. I loved Lucas's line about Kate not getting many mother's day cards :lol: .

Sami/Celeste was good, as was the Bo/Billie scenes early on. Good intensity and very character-driven. Good stuff. The Celeste phone call was a nice touch.

Belle/Shawn was good because it's nice to finally see them together. The story is finally getting somewhere. Loved Shawn getting a chance to talk to his parents and to Hope about Willow. Glad that was being addressed finally. I like Bo and Hope showing a desire to raise Willow's child. I also like Shawn/Belle considering staying to fight. That was a nice. I also liked how Bo found the camera outside. Good continuity.

The ending with Sami was fantastic. Finally a good cliffhanger. May sweeps is off to solid start. EJ looked freaky!!

• Members

Kenny, Belle was in bed with Shawn at the beginning of the episode, i think she just went to check on Claire while he was on the phone...Maybe they are keeping Claire in the bathroom!!!! or maybe she just really had to go!!!!

• Members

Belle saw Shawn was uncomfortable with talking about whatever it was his p[arents wanted to talk about with her right there, so she respectfully busied herself with Claire. I though it was a nice touch. I also liked that Shawn's doubts were brought in, making his keeping it from Belle not entirely malicious.

I loved Billie figuring out what Philip did, and her scenes with Bo and then her family. Lucas; mother's day comment was hilarious.

I don't know what happened, but we've suddenly been transported back to Fall of last year. We're seeing a lot of the same folks, sure, but we're also seeing some more often than we have been, and not merely as props (particularly Hope, Bo, Marlena, and John).

Before, Bo and Hope's role in Shawn's storyline was so disconnected, and not just because of distance. Over the past few days, Bo and Hope have been talking, and spending time with Ciara, and they got this good news from one of their best friends, Marlena, and then it turns out that his brother screwed them over by wiring the place with Billie's security system. When they call their son, they slowly realize the danger he and little family are going to be in very soon. For once, there seems to be a 'parent without being token' situation, and I'm glad for it.

• Members

As of this week, I'm back to loving DAYS. I don't know how long it'll last, but my anti-posts are over for now (well....they'll continue on about EJ and a few other people, but nothing major).

I don't even know where to begin about the greatness of Friday's episode!!!

- Celeste is soooo playing Sami. I wonder who she called. EJ? Stefano? Tony? Anna? Roman?!

- Ali, Bryan, Lauren, and Julie all performed so well. I love love LOVED the Kate scenes. I couldn't stop laughing!

- Awesome ending with Sami, Lucas, Kate, and EJ!! Ali definately knows how to scream. :lol:

- I even enjoyed Shelle today and the previews for Monday looked even better with Belle telling Phillip off.

...I think my DAYS is back :)

Archived