Y&R Discussion: Week of April 2

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just finished watching my baby go over the cliff! Sniff, sniff

And what up with Phyllis? She went from Pod-Phyllis to Ultra-Beyotch Phyllis since I've last watched the show. Like Kelis might of said... I hate her so much right now! AAAAGGGHHHH!!!

• Members

LOL I understand all this Phyllis hate, but I still love her. Just because I love !@#$%^&*]es on soaps.

I was so sad when Dru went over the edge, but that scene was really well done. I can't believe I won't see another Drucilla-style confrontation or catfight :( :(

• Members

I forgot to add, what was up with the computer-generated river below the cliff. That whole sequence looked ridiculous and it was distracting. It reminds me of how DAYS would have those fake looking backgrounds that looked like something straight out of a video game whenever someone was driving in a car. LOL!

• Members

Today's episode spelled the end of a lot of things:

It spelled the end of a love story between Neil and Drucilla :(

It spelled the end of any possible hope for Sharon and Jack (it's obvious that BRAD will be the one that wins Sharon's heart).

It spells the end of Phyllis possibly holding anything over Sharon's head (her guilt alone will eat away at her for a while.

Plus it spelled the end of all the quirky one liners that Victoria Rowell brought out of Dru since her debut on the show.

• Members

CK's screaming worked really really well!! The biggest part that had me laughing was Dru's falling and the cheap river graphic below, Lynn Marie must have borrowed that crap from Corday! LOL!!

• Members

OK, I LOVE Dru, and I'm heartbroken that she's gone, but I was LMAO at watching her plummet off the cliff. The cheapness of that fake river and her falling and flapping her arms in that black suit was just too campy and comical to me. And the whole situation with the phone just seemed rushed, contrived, and unbelievable.

I was actually looking forward to this - Y&R usually does "death" well.

• Members

Since I refuse to give LML any ratings I haven't been watching regularly but I had to see Dru's send off.

Die Phyllis Die.

Lily's scream...seriously, even now, there is laughing in my head.

The River? The fake River...The fake Cliff. The fake Fall over the fake cliff and the fake falling of Sharon off the cliff. This was some tacky, campy, melodramatic ish. Just unbelievable. I can't believe they sent Dru out on this Passions-esque nonsense. Even the damn hat still stayed on Dru's head. The laughing in my head won't stop. The fall was so ridiculously placed that there is no reason for any of them to have fallen

LML should never be allowed to work on a soap again. I am reminded now why I have stopped watching Y&R, but I had to see Victoria make her last stand. And with Dru gone, I really have no reason to tune in beside Peter Bergman and Sharon Case, I still care about them and their characters.

John's gone, Ashley's gone, and now Dru in less than 6 months. This woman is murdering what used to be the best show on television.

• Members

I think we had something like this in the Netherlands a few years ago.

Maybe you can take a look at it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB7usRx-ilE

I know you can hear what they say, but the 3 woman are 2 sisters and the daughter.

They just get a call that one of there best friends died in a car crash. And then the cliff thing happens.

First her biologial mother falls down, and then her sisters (thats a mother to her, her whole life, because she later found out who her real mother is)

They taped it in Portugal

Archived