The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes... you go girl! I actually don't like six-packs... I find them distracting and most guys that have them are incredibly narcissistic. Have you considered the computer website dating route? It's not bad for someone who is shy (Or like me wants to shop for the merchandise before I waste my time dressing up and blow drying and spraying my hair) You can just browse, put up a profile of yourself, don't say you've never gone on a date... just be yourself, you don't need to be that open of a book to a bunch of strangers. But you can meet some nice people, I've never had GREAT luck with it, but had some nice dates, a couple short term boyfriends, and some pretty good sex, too. You can just look to find what you want.

• Members

Way too young for me.

I've tried it. It doesn't work for me. I don't have a problem with dating someone from online that I've talked to for years. That's how I met the ex. (We were friends on an Elliott Smith community for 3 years) But, as far as the dating websites go. It's like I'm a creep magnet. I get these dirty messages alot. And, I find them utterly sick. So, I cancelled my OKcupid account because of that kind of [!@#$%^&*]. I wouldn't dare pay for something like that.

• Members

I got a facebook friend that wants to go out with me. He lives in freakin Omaha, which is 4 hours away.... he say he's interested in coming to "visit" me, so I'm debating. He dates ALOT, many different kinds of men. I know he's interested, as he's already "sexted" me by email. We both are stuck in the 70's (Which is EXTREMELY tempting), but he's an actor... and you know about them. Narcissistic as hell. I guess nothing ventured, nothing gained... he seems to be kind of a trollop, but I wonder if I should give it a whirl.

• Members

Yeah, I just might. Who knows? I always worry that nobody will want me anymore (the curse of being very pretty in your 20's and now mid-forties with 30 pounds of middle age spread) but that's just me being stupid and I know it. Since he loves the 70's so much, I know he'll get a real charge out of my house. I might as well take the plunge.

• Members

I have a problem attracting aggressive girls who frankly are not cute (I know, mean). Or they "aren't for me" I should say. I don't think that's me being picky because if you are not turned on by someone you're wasting your time. I'm spoiled because I have a couple very attractive close female friends (platonic relationships, which I am grateful for, but "that one drunken night" is a recurring fantasy). I guess it's always flattering when someone finds you attractive and sort of throws herself at you, but if you're gonna be a slut, at least be cute. Sorry. I know just being a slut works for a lot of girls. But I'm not the type of person to use people just for sex, I am not that desperate, and I'm not risking the word getting out that I'm bad in bed just because I wasn't really into you.

I did have a couple one night stands with a friend from college who aggressively pursued me. She was not attractive imo, and we ended up having a nice friendship which it was established that a relationship would never be. When we got back in touch after graduation (we lived in the same town), we started hanging out and out of drunken horniness, I broke my personal vow and we did it a few times on her living room floor (SFK keeping it classy). She had always been so sneaky, like lurking around my job on campus and having her friends spy on me, trying to sabotage relationships, so I felt really mad that she kinda "won" I guess you could say? I ended up saying some really mean things to her which I won't repeat because I'll totally give myself away, but the point is, don't do things that you know you'll regret and that will bring out the worst in you. It's never worth it and I am a person who can't stand to hurt other people, it haunts me, no matter how much they "deserved" it.

• Members

Try not to feel guilty. I am one of those people who is generous to a fault, but if they screw me or hurt me, WATCH OUT. Don't feel guilty if they truly deserve it. There was one former boss whom I outed to his parents and got him disinherited, then I wrote a poison pen letter to a married business owner in town telling him how my boss had been telling everyone he had sex with him in the men's restroom at our local trade show (which was TRUE). My old boss got demoted for that, and quit his job 6 weeks after. I don't feel guilty about that one at all. I'm like Roseanne in the movie "She Devil".

Archived