The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, not to bore everyone, but...

So I was in a "sort of" relationship with this girl for about a year. It's really complicated, but we were more or less in a relationship for a long time. We even talked about running off and getting married and we were *thisclose* to doing it. Thank God we didn't. Well about 6 or so months ago she, out of nowhere, just ended things and said it wasn't working. She didn't have any explanation, just said she was done.

Well, about a month ago she came back around and started trying to be all friendly again. I pretty much told her I didn't want anything to do with her. Everyone in my life had told me they were happy she was out of my life, as they thought I was a better person/better off without her. But she came back saying she had changed and was trying to get back in my life. Well then out of nowhere she calls me and I hesitated, but answered and she just gave me this very long, sincere apology, explaining that a LOT had happened in her life. Of course, I was hurt that she didn't share with me at the time and let me help, but still, this changed things.

So I agreed to go out with her Thursday night, and it turned into three nights in a row of quite of bit of fun. It was great, but there were glimpses of "Now I remember why this didn't work the first time..". I don't know exactly where we are now, but there's just this part of me that wants to dive in again and be with her, while the rest of me is afraid I'll get hurt again.

My family is not too pleased about our reunion, but overall willing to give her another chance. I have some friends who say we've both changed and are in a better place now, so to try things out again. I have other friends who say I shouldn't show her the time of day.

I'm not sure what to do.

Archived