The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a few random things going on to share...

I have four weddings to go to this year so far, and i am in two of them. I also have three friends having babies. While i truly dont want either one of those things, let alone any time soon if ever, im kind like... omg what am i do doing with my life.

i also have made some new friends, well really ive known one of them since elementry school but we were never close as she was 4 years older or so. but we recently connected and it was just instant, natural friendship with her, her husband, and all their friends and ive like become one of the circle. its really interesting, and cool, for me because they are a bit older than my other friends and also a bit more mature. its not a drinking contest every night, but sometimes it is. we just talk, hangou, make dinner, watch movies, etc... i like it.

So i have been dating a alot lately. Like i have no idea whats going on cuz im being asked out more than ever. Ive been on dated with like 7 guys in the past 3 weeks, and for the past month now ive been on about 12 dates with this one guy and hes like wanting to get serious but im not here for that yet because its still odd that he has my dads name and hes also very socially uncomfortable due to PTSD and only have one leg and im a very social, go out person.

• Members

I have a few questions for you guys.

As I have said before, I am 24 (my birthday was about a month ago), but I have yet to have a boyfriend or even to go on a date at all (and I haven't been kissed since I was about seven). Now right now, I'm living at home while I try to find another job (unemployment + a degree from college that is NOT math or science=sheer frustration), so now may not be the time for me to start dating anyway,and being I'm from a relatively small rural area that I'm hoping to leave someday, I am more interested in dating people who are more likely to be highly educated/have more in common with me (not that I can't necessarily find it here, but you know what I mean). Selena (Golden Duck), Addie, and Angie (dragonfiles) are friends with me on Twitter, and I think they would say that I don't need to put a bag over my head, so even though I DO need to lose some weight, I know I'm not ugly. I am very comfortable with solitude, though--I love TV trivia, for example, so I'm someone who loves to go online a lot and look up stuff like that. I've thought about online dating, but until I'm living somewhere else/have another job again, I'm going to wait on that.

But here are two questions I have for you guys:

1. I have only been asked out a few times, but always by guys I'm not interested in. Is it a good idea to start asking guys out myself? I ask this because I have the book He's Just Not That Into You, which discourages this because you'll never be sure if the guy you ask out is actually interested in you or not if he says yes--he may just be being nice. But if nothing's happening so far, why shouldn't I do it? Because I'm so new at this, I'm only interested in starting the process of dating/finding relationships--no hook ups or anything like that. I must sound so boring! laugh.png

2. I really don't drink much at all--I really only want to drink red wine, and I often get milk or coffee when I'm out. I've never even been drunk before--I didn't really party at all in college. I think my friends knew I didn't really want to drink and respected that, but I probably should have gotten myself out there more. Would you guys not date a girl who wasn't really interested in drinking alcohol (and it's not for religious reasons, either--if anything I'm "spiritually undecided"--I was losing weight when I entered college, and I'm back to losing weight now; also I just want to take care of myself overall--I have a big enough problem with food!).

And of course, I'm worried guys will think I'm weird because I may be a blonde-haired blue-eyed chick, but I love trivia, and can talk about game shows (and yes, soaps) for example, all day--no one out there may have enough in common with me to actually date me! laugh.png

Basically, I need some encouragement from my SON buddies--I've been out of work since November, and I really want to start making money again so I can get my life back on track. sad.png

Oh, and I guess you guys can see how much of a goody two shoes I am now. tongue.png

• Members

You should definitely put yourself out there. I like it, personally, when girls take that initiative. As someone who has battled with severe self-confidence issues in the past, I only dated a little in high-school because I was too afraid to be rejected. It got better as I got older and I've moved past that now, but I still like a girl/woman who can just put it out there that she's interested as I like that sense of comfort. So I would say, if you're interested in a guy - approach him.

I wouldn't not date a girl because she doesn't drink, but when things get serious of course you will have to evaluate how compatible you are. You could have everything in common and be madly in love, but at the end of the day if you are the type to want to stay home all the time, and he wants to go out all the time, it could pose a problem. You just have to put everything on the table.

Also, on a bit more of a brass note, don't be afraid to get freaky. Penetration can be a great way to decide if the relationship is going somewhere.

• Members

I don't think I've ever posted in here and I don't ever really read the thread, but MissLlanview, you sound SO much like me in real life that it's not even funny. I think we were separated at birth or something. Girl, I've never been drunk either. I thought I was all alone. LOL

• Members

Ok.. I'm pretty freaked out right now. My brother had a pretty serious heart attack today, and is in ICU. Theyv'e done angioplasty and everything is flowing again, but theyv'e got him on ice, and drug induced coma for the next 24-48 hours. He's just 53, doesn't smoke, and we don't have family history. I just don't know what to think.

• Members

Well I have about had it with a Facebook friend of mine. I posted something on his wall and he deleted again. It was nothing bad. It just had 4 descriptions of him. He has deleted my posts before and would apologize saying he deleted them because he had a bf at the time and his family would read it and their werent comfortable with his gay lifestyle. Ummmmmmm....really?? This is the same guy who was a real dear friend to me. We also share the same birthday. He is doing what other non-gay bigots do to us gay guys.....I just dont get it.

Archived