Outstanding Younger Actor/Actress

Toups

• Members

Yeah as much as I love ATWT and as fabulous as I think all the younger actors on the cast are this year is most likely going to be Guiding Lights year. I mean have you seen Tammy's death scenes? Now I've never been a fan of GL and the only reason I know about it is because while I'm on CBS.com I just check out the Daily Recaps for all the CBS Soaps so I can keep up to date. But without a doubt those were the most powerful scenes I've seen on GL. I think the whole Daytime Community will be shocked if Tom Pelphrey and Stephanie G don't win their respective rewards. Jonathan's myriad of emtions and his anger were so deep. His confrontation with Lizzie in the church and Beth giving him his little girl to bring to Tammy. Tammy slow death and Jonathan jumping on the bed...words just cannot describe how much I cared at that point.

I literally cried for 30 minutes. So yeah the award is pretty much theres I believe. But maybe AC or JL can win Younger Actress. I think Chando did an okay job with her storyline. Shes still young so it will take time to improve but she definitely has a talent and she's very capable of turning in an Emmy performance.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YOUNGER ACTRESS SUBMISSIONS

www.goldderbyforums.com

Julie Berman * GH

Episodes 11124 & 11179

Lulu talks to Carly about having an abortion.

Lulu must aceept the fact that her mother is slipping away again.

Alexandra Chando * ATWT

Episodes 12385 & 12850

Henry encourages Maddie to tell her sister to come clean about the night she was raped.

Maddie feels everyone blames her for her sister's troubles.

Levin Rambin * AMC

Episodes 9427 & 9428

Lily faces the fact that Jackson states that she is mentally incompetent.

Stephanie Gatschet * GL

Episodes 14877 & 15030

Cassie takes Tammy to the morgue.

Tammy breaks up with Jonathan so he can do right by Lizzie and his baby.

Jennifer Landon * ATWT

Episodes 12825 & 12916

Gwen deals with learning Will had sex with Jade.

Gwen and Adam kiss.

• Members

YOUNGER ACTOR SUBMISSIONS

www.goldderbyforums.com

Van Hasis * ATWT

Episodes 12719 & 12831

Luke confronts Damian about trying to "straighten" him out.

Holden wants to talk to Luke about his sexuality.

James Stevenson * Passions

Episodes 1801 & 1885

Jared shows up for a job interview.

The rivarly between Ethan and Jared reaches a boiling point.

Jesse Soffer * ATWT

Episodes 12783 & 12825

Will begs Gwen to forgive him.

Will and Jade hook up.

Bryton McClure * Y&R

Episodes 8311 & 8496

Devon's mom wants him to move to Seattle.

Devon confronts Carmen and lashes out at Neil.

Tom Pelphrey * GL

Episodes 15034 & 15037

Jonathan stops Reva before she drives off the bridge.

Although he's trying to make his marriage to Lizzie work, Jonathan can't get Tammy out of his head.

• Members

Totally agree ... submitting the episode w/ the Adam kiss seems like a mistake. The only thing that I can think of is that it did have the big confrontation with Iris in that episode so maybe she was just going for the range of emotions...anger, self-doubt, hurt, joy/happiness after she performed, to utter confusion etc. after the kiss. Just a guess but maybe that is why she chose it. But, still think she had better episodes she could have picked.

• Members

Younger actress is a race between Gatschet and Berman, though I think Gatschet will take it home. Both of her episodes were very strong, I'm surprised Berman didn't submit anything from her abortion storyline (after Lulu went through with it), she would've had a better chance of winning had she.

• Members

Stephanie Gatschet's submission clips:

3-15-06

10-20-06

Does anyone have youtube clips or clips period of everyone else's submissions? I'd love to see and compare them!

I originally didn't think Tammy's ITL would be a good choice for SG because there were a lot of moments where they focused on Cassie but there are so many other good parts that could easily override that minor problem...namely the morgue scenes.

I remember seeing the episode where Will & Jade hooked up and thinking it was really good. Haven't seen Jesse Soffer's other submission.

I'm going to have to watch Tom Pelphrey's submissions again. I'm surprised he didn't submit an ITL episode.

• Members

I'd like to see the clip of the kiss (which wasn't really all that good). The recast for Adam was horrible and the story tanked from that point onward to be honest. I think Jesse Soffer and Van Hansis turned in some really great scenes though. Best of luck to both of them. It wouldn't surprise me of VH got it though just to please certain people.

I think JL is definitely in the Top 2 for winning this award now that I know the "Tammy Dies" scene isn't eligible for review this year. Lulu has had an abortion!? Why? Pretty twisted...

• Members

ELQ produced faulty condoms so when her and Dillion had sex she got pregnant, same thing with Liz and Jason I believe not sure. However, Lulu felt she was to young to have a baby and didn't want her child to feel like she has her life, unwanted so she had an abortion.

• Members

SG submitted really good scenes, though. I remember watching both episodes that she submitted live and thinking that she could use those as Emmy tapes. The March 15th episode did veer off towards the Cassie character from time to time but like I said, I think there's enough great material in there to put SG as one of the top 2...aside from the morgue scenes, I thought the scenes with Tammy remembering how she was taken away from Cassie by social services and later, the realization that she was responsible for Sandy's death were so well done. And I think Oct. 20th is a shoo-in for sure.

I'm sending in another shout-out to those who have clips of the other submissions. I'd love to see them!

• 1 month later...

Archived