Outstanding Younger Actor/Actress

Toups

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word. Although, I would've been happy if Stephanie had won as well but this was Julie's to lose. I don't understand the repeat performance of J. Landon. She seems like a nice girl and isn't without talent, but Julie had the better story last year.

And yes, Jen was acting a bit Cleoidh.

As for Bryton, when his name was announced, I screamed, "WTF". It didn't make any sense to me. I was rooting for Tom or Van. And then I thought about Devon confronting Carmen. Those were some good scenes.

But Dee called it from go. :) I can't be too mad that he won. In a way, I'm damn happy baout it.

• Members

I don't care much about Van Hansis, either and Jesse Soffer would be great..if he was actually given a frontburner story. :( That said, I'm shocked that Bryton McClure got the award over those two and Tom Pelphrey. He might have been great in the scenes he submitted but overall, he lacks so much needed charisma to make people drool over him and his character.

As for younger actress, Landon probably had the best tapes but she has the same problem as McClure overall. She's such a monotonous actress when she's given mediocre material. Unfortunately, both Julie Berman and Stephanie Gatschet submitted tapes which had their costars taking over the spotlight.

This just goes to show that the Emmys aren't a fair representation of how good these actors are but at the same time, nominees need to become over critical when they pick which tapes to submit.

Archived