Y&R Casting Rumors

• Members

Hot on the heels on fan favorite Victoria Rowell(Drucilla, Young And The Restless) announcing that she is leaving the show, comes rumors that Renne Jones(ex - Lexie, Days Of Our Lives) has been picked to replace her in the role of Drucilla. Drucilla is currently in heavy storyline and insiders say the show has no plans to write off the character of Dru. Jones portrayed Days Lexie Carver from 1993 - 2007, Days Executive Producer Ken Corday left the door open for her return, because Lexie and TEK(Rhassan Orange) were presumed dead but the bodies were never found. Corday had stated that Jones would be returning at some point but that doesnt look to be the case now as setside sources report that Jones is set to sign a 3 year contact with Y&R.

Other Young And The Restless Casting News:

Vincent Irizarry(David Chow) is rumored to be this close to inking a deal to keep David around Genoa City for a few years.

Marisa Ramirez(ex - Carmen) is returning for a story arc, this time as Carmens look a like cousin Ines. no word on how long Ramirez will be staying in Genoa City

http://imdb.com/title/tt0058796/board/thread/68556829

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^

Huh? The Bell soaps haven't done a thing to "Days fan favorites". I don't know what you're getting at there.

This just sounds like a Jones fan whose bitter over her getting the ax making this up. I really don't believe it. I also agree she'd be better as an Olivia recast, than Dru.

• Members

I will be furious for two reasons:

Victoria Rowell made the role of Dru. She MADE it and I love Renee but I do not want to see Dru recast. I love her and would HATE to see her leave but Rowell deserves that respect. And, I am not sure Renee could even play Dru like Victoria did. I mean, I just can't see it.

Renee Jones has said she would not go to another soap because she is devoted to Days. If suddenly she goes I will be very mad but not at her exactly. If she does, we might even have to see a Lexie recast(I really could see her being back by the end of 2007).

• Members

They stole Eileen Davidson from DAYS, not once, but twice.

They stole Joe Mascolo from DAYS.

There's this rumor about Renee Jones going to Y&R.

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, but the point is that the Bell soaps practically SALIVATE over getting their hands on DAYS fan favorites!

• Members
Eileen Davidson has been on Y&R longer than DAYS and her character is much more important to the show than Kristen is on DAYS. Otherwise Kristen would've been recast long ago or DAYS would've, I dunno ASKED her to return this time.

No, they CAST him. He's an actor with a beyond burnt out role who was cast in a fresh, exciting new role.

Renee Jones was FIRED, Y&R is giving her an opportunity to make money because DAYS didn't want her. I don't wanna hear about budget cuts, I'm sure Hogan wasn't interested in Lexie like so many others. Still I do think Jones isn't remotely talented enough to play Dru so you guys can have her back.

BTW, if you wanna mention more people "stolen" from DAYS you can add all of the writers, including Paula Cwikly who have crossed over.

• Members

They didn't steal Eileen Davidson twice. She left Days on her own account and didn't return to Y&R almost a full year after leaving Days. Let's not forget she originated the role of Ashley Abbott on Y&R in 1982, almost a full decade before she ever showed up in Salem. Also, it's Corday's fault for not working on her returning the moment he heard she had gotten fired from Y&R, Brad Bell only closed a deal with her on her last day of taping on Y&R, Corday still had prior time to woo her away.

Joe Mascolo is a complex story, I always found him ungrateful towards Days. I hear he flat out refused to do the 2002 Day/B&B switch with Lauren Koslow, but then agreed and eventually backed out again. I guess it was karma paying his ass back when he was fired from B&B.

These rumors of Rene on Y&R just seem fake to me. Not only has Jones said she'd never do another soap, but it's gotten to the point where Victoria Rowell is irreplaceable and I don't see TPTB screwing with that. As I've said before, just sounds like more wishful thinking amongst Renee's fan-base.

Archived