Y&R Casting Rumors

• Members

Maybe on her 2nd stint on Y&R she wasn't as appreciated, but overall she was loved. I still believe her best work was on Y&R. But this is about Dru, and while I like RJ, I just rather have Dru off the screen for some time than to mess up with a recast.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel that Y&R, with the excetation of the current regime appreciated Ashley! She was the leading actress for the soap for about two years there and her storyline on Y&R engulfed 1999-2007 which was the sperm story. The Bells have not "Stolen" anyone...and if DAYS appreciated Eileen so much they wouldn't have wasted one second trying to get her back to DAYS, they didn't approach her at all!

Oye!!

• Members

Well if this turns out to be true it would go against what Renee said in her exit interview with SOD where she very strongly said that she wouldn't do any other soap opera besides DAYS. But it seems Dru will be written out when Rowell leaves to be honest I have seen the show recently and Dru defintely needs help yeah Ines was setting her up but Dru has gone off the deep end IMO. I'm just guessing that Dru goes off with Olivia to seek treatment.

• Members

Victoria Rowell is Drucilla.

I hope these rumours turn out to be false.

I would much rather have Dru locked in an insane asylum, rather than see her played by anyone other than Victoria Rowell.

• Members

Renee Jones as the new Dru: why not?

And what's with this argument that ex-DAYS actors aren't allowed to work on other soaps, particularly Y&R and B&B? :rolleyes:

Surely you'd be pleased your favorite actor was getting employed, whatever the show is.

• Members

WTF.

I'm sorry, but the day fans are able to dictate whether or not an actor or actress gets a chance to...I dont know...ACT, regardless of WHATEVER soap it happens to be on...well that's just plain screwed up.

Nobody stole Eileen Davidson from DAYS. That's a ridiculous thought. And Eileen's not an important part of Y&R? Are you kidding me? You do realize that she's devoted 14 years to Y&R as a core member of a core family, right? Eileen Davidson is, and will ALWAYS be, most recognized as Y&R's Ashley. That's just a truth that Kristen Blake fans will have to live with.

• Members

Once again, I was not dictating. I was simply pointing out what looked to me like a pattern. There is a very distinct difference, and I'm sorry if y'all cant distinguish between them, but I know what I meant.

• Members

You do realize that you listed two examples, right? One of which was blatantly false.

Anyway, Renee Jones couldn't approach Victoria Rowell's calibre of acting on her best day. She's a perfectly acceptable actress but a dynamic presence like VR? No way. VR is Dru, she lives and breathes her in every scene. You can't just replace her with any old random black actress.

• Members

A. Yes, I do realize I only listed two examples.

B. They were from MY point of view. They weren't intended to be facts which could be disproved and labeled false.

C. I also said I thought there were some more I was forgetting.

Archived