Y&R Casting Rumors

• Members

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 8 2007, 12:52 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Steve, in those cases you mention it's more the fear of the actress being miscast. Here I just don't think Jones is a strong enough actress to tackle this role.

Exactly.

RJ won't work as Drucilla cause she aint HALF the actress Vicky is.

She'd be ok as a new character but never as Dru, cause Rowell (like Cooper & Braeden) is absolutely irreplaceable.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe Renee could Take on the role..She is from Atlanta and she grew up with 5 Brothers and Sisters HellOOOOOOO so Im sure she can make her own version of Victoria Ghetto plus,..she's from the south

As for days,..they wasted her talent in the pass 3 years and everyone,.. lets not forget that Lexie and Drusilla are 2 different characters so..Im sure if Renee plays Dru,..It would be her in a whole new different side,..wayyyy different from Lexie.

• Members

Just because Renee have five brothers and is from Atlanta doesn't means he can play Dru. And it also doesn't mean she's from the ghetto, lol.

For the record, I don't believe Victoria Rowell is from the ghetto either, she's just an extremely talented actress. Renee Jones is decent, but she doesn't have the range or the depth to pull off Drucilla. If it were me, I'd forget Stephanie existed and pay Vivica A. Fox to be Drucilla.

Just because Renee Jones is black doesn't mean she's right for Dru. It seems to me that it's just a case of a black actor being open so they picked her.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 11 2007, 08:46 AM)
Just because Renee have five brothers and is from Atlanta doesn't means he can play Dru. And it also doesn't mean she's from the ghetto, lol.

For the record, I don't believe Victoria Rowell is from the ghetto either, she's just an extremely talented actress. Renee Jones is decent, but she doesn't have the range or the depth to pull off Drucilla. If it were me, I'd forget Stephanie existed and pay Vivica A. Fox to be Drucilla.

Just because Renee Jones is black doesn't mean she's right for Dru. It seems to me that it's just a case of a black actor being open so they picked her.

Well victoria grew up in a fOster care until she was 17 but after,..the people she hung around with were mostly african american and her husband is from new orleans so Im sure thats where she get some of that attitude

But now,. I so understand what your saying but being from atlanta myself,..I know we tend to stick with our lil urban style and one question? HOw do you know if she doesnt have the dept or range to pull off Drucilla. If sure once the script is delievered to her, Renee would pull it off. Just because you havent seen a GHETTO,..Crazy wild side of the characters she played doesnt mean she cant pull it off. None of us really know what she is capable of..

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 11 2007, 07:46 AM)

Amen.

• Members

Because for years I've watched her on DAYS and seen what she can do. It's not even about Drucilla, I just don't think she's that strong an actress with much range. As Olivia or a new character I'd be okay, but when replacing certain characters there needs to be a major search. Like when Joan Van Ark, Brenda Dickson or Terry Lester left. Not just anyone can fill certain roles.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 11 2007, 10:00 AM)
Because for years I've watched her on DAYS and seen what she can do. It's not even about Drucilla, I just don't think she's that strong an actress with much range. As Olivia or a new character I'd be okay, but when replacing certain characters there needs to be a major search. Like when Joan Van Ark, Brenda Dickson or Terry Lester left. Not just anyone can fill certain roles.

Of course it is not Drucilla,..its like Lexie...The Dru character have nothing to do with Lexie but I see ya point but thats the way Lexie is...Very patient and quite type

Archived