Y&R Casting Rumors

• Members

It will be sick seeing a new actress (no matter who) nominated for the role of Drucilla when the cast has robbed Victoria Rowell of the opportunity since Pre-Noms began. Before Rowell was regularly nominated, as she should be considering how talented she is.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, damn! Cindi Rinehart is usually right about these sorts of things.

Congrats to Renee if it's true, but I really see her as Olivia. Not Drucilla. There is only one Drucilla! I see Renee trying too hard to fit into the role, rather than having it come naturally like Victoria Rowell did so well.

Meanwhile, I thought Renee said she would never do another soap? Maybe she's only heading to Y&R because it's another Sony soap, connected with Corday Productions...

• Members

WEll I admit that Renee Jones can seem more layed back at times, but during the time that she was playing !@#$%^&*]y Lexxie during the baby switch she had more layers and proved her depth as an actress. I honestly believe that she has Dru in her. It won't be the same as Victoria Rowell but I think in time she can make Dru her own with much of Victoria's version still in tact.

Peter Bergman put his mark on Jack and many felt that he couldn't do it. Much of Jack's playful sexiness is gone but fans got used to it and many now wonder Terry Lester who?

As to the quote that Renee Jones made about Days, I chalk it up to the fact that when she made that statement things had not changed on the Days forefront. Many of the vets were still being shown and things had not fully changed to what we see now. Maybe she had high hopes for a return but now just wonders. I have a feeling if things don't change big time in the coming months, you will finally hear some of the Days actors speak out about it. I know that none of them have really ever been like Eric Braedan or Eileen Fulton and air the dirty laundry in public but we know from the GSN documentary that many of them are opinionated and you know they are not happy with the current status of not working much.

I don't know if that is Renee Jones' reason or not, but it is a good specuation because things were still very different on the screens at Days at the time.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 15 2007, 02:29 AM)
It will be sick seeing a new actress (no matter who) nominated for the role of Drucilla when the cast has robbed Victoria Rowell of the opportunity since Pre-Noms began. Before Rowell was regularly nominated, as she should be considering how talented she is.

Amen.

Bloom & Latham have ruined this show.

Archived