The Oscars!

KLN

• Members

Considering the situation behind his loss, I'd be upset too. It was his stupid decision to keep Norbit's release date when the production company wanted to push it back until after the Oscars.

Oh, and his date isn't his wife. He split from Nicole last year. His date is Tracey Edmonds, Babyface's ex-wife.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd say Norbit hurt him more than going on the talk show circuit. But imagine hearing that you're the lock for SA from the minute you were nominated. You're so excited and everything, only to be crushed. It may very well have been his ONLY chance at snagging an Oscar.

• Members

i enjoyed the oscars for the most part this year...

what i liked:

-Ellen was great as a host, my favorite parts were her handing martin scorcese a screen play and taking a myspace pic with clint eastwood..

-I was so happy that Jennifer Hudson won, but that wasn't a big surprise...

- the oscars always have a shocker and i didn't mind Alan Arkin beating Eddie Murphy...

-Ryan Gosling, Mark Walhberg, and Leo were great eye candy!!!

-Will Farrell's song was funny...

- MS finally winning a best director nom and Departed getting best picture, although i thought Babel might win...

What i didn't like;

- the show was way too long...

- there were too many filler things that could have been cut...

- Pan's Labrinyth losing Best Foreign Film...

- and the fact that last year i won the oscar poll at the party i was at, and this year i did horribly...

• Members

Don't be ashamed to come forward, you have nothing to be ashamed of; who should be ashamed is the pedophile that's molesting young boys. You may never know the boys you'd be saving by turning the freak in, but the feeling of knowing you were the one who stood up and put a stop to it should make you feel proud. He may not get charged with anything for doing what he did to you, but if he's doing it now or has done something to other young boys recently; you coming forward may give others that push and shot of confidence they need to come forward too.....

• Members

Wouldn't the commercials/Trailers still have been out for Norbit though even if it was pushed back? Either way in my opinion there still would of been controversey. Eddie should of stayed until j.hud won, then he should of left. :lol: He has every right to be pissed, why stay at an award show with people that just spit in your face??? Makes no sense to win every other award and then not win the oscar. Alan arkin will have other opportunities to be nominated, eddie being a comedian will more than likely not have another chance, thats what I am most pissed about.

• Members

If Eddie really did leave because he lost that's just being a sore loser and in my opinion shows that he doesn't have much class. I have yet to see Dreamgirls, so I can't say one way or the other if he was robbed of an Oscar, but even if he was robbed I guarantee you he wasn't the only one who felt that way and should have shown some respect for his castmates and stuck it out.

• Members

I agree about not complimenting his castmates. But thats for him to decide if he wants to stay or not. I would leave too, that show was so damn long. :lol: Plus Hollywood was never his scene anyway, he may have left anyway if he had won, probably not then and there but shortly after the show was over.

• Members

If anyone was robbed it was Jackie Earle Haley for Little Children. But He has six film critic awards for the film so I'm happy.

I've watched four of the five movies with the supporting actors. (Little Children, Dreamgirls, Little Miss Sunshine, & The Departed) Murphy was decent in Dreamgirls, but definitely not Oscar worthy. The Oscars are politics just like Emmy's and Globes. The are based on performance AND popularity and I think Murphy's cocky attitude and manDiva behaviour caused him to lose. J Hud in not so many words told Babs during the interview that he was arrogant.

Article

Eddie Murphy did not like losing the Academy Award for best supporting actor to Alan Arkin last night. He split the show — exit stage left! — as soon Arkin’s name was announced.

Murphy didn’t stay to see Jennifer Hudson win best supporting actress in "Dreamgirls" or his fellow castmates Hudson, Beyonce, Keith Robinson and Anoki Noni Rose perform the show’s nominated songs in a stellar staging by "Dreamgirls" director/writer Bill Condon, who wasn't an Oscar nominee.

That may have been the problem with "Dreamgirls" all along, as I’ve suggested before: Much as the movie depends on a song called “We Are A Family,” the cast could not be marketed that way. From the beginning, Murphy acted as a loner. He was the lone holdout at the Cannes Film Festival last year when 20 minutes of the movie was shown to distributors and press.

• Members

Eddie Murphy: what a sore loser! There were plenty of other nominees there who didn't win, but they didn't throw a hissy fit and walk out. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jennifer Hudson: another dud choice for Best Supporting Actress. Cate Blanchett should have won another Oscar instead.

Jennifer Hudson: the Marissa Tomei of 2007. :lol::lol:

Al Gore won, and that's all I really cared about!

• Members

Not necessarily. Usually commercials don't come out until around two weeks before release unless it's a major film.

Question: Why is it wrong for Eddie to leave when he's clearly disappointed with the snub and perfectly okay for Peter O'Toole to mean mug the camera when Forest Whittaker won?

Archived