All: Soap Opera's Scariest Moments

• Members

I agree with the original poster. Roger chasing Rita through the Hall of Mirrors was an amazing sequence. I love when Rita thinks she has lost Roger and the music ("Enough is Enough (No More Tears)" by Barbara Streisand and Donna Summer) goes silent. But then she sees Roger's reflection in front of her and screams as he comes up and grabs her.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the scariest moments I can remember from OLTL was back in 1995 when Dorian dropped a bomb on Viki about her father, Victor Lord, sexually abusing her when she was little. It was especially powerful since Viki had long since blocked it out of her mind, and one she realized what had happened she splinters into six other personalities.

The scariest part of all this was when Viki became Tommy, called Dorian a stupid, ugly bitch and then pushed her down the stairs.

That was spooky, especially for a little kid.

And not knowing which of Viki's personalities was in charge at any given time made you wonder what was going to happen next.

That was some scary and some classic stuff.

Another scary OLTL moment I remember was Marty's rape.

Both of those storylines were very good.

• Members

Days of our Lives

-I remember watching the 'Golden Cage' storyline in '96 and that scared me a little bit. I was pretty young and couldn't understand why this man was holding this woman captive in this cage. And then, it got worse when all of Stefano's minions came out of the woodwork. They were creepy little bastards. And then there was John's near execution by guilitone.

-Horton's (the tiger) fury on Salem! :o

• Members

The only time that a soap opera has ever scared me was the Sven story on Another World in the late 70's.

Roberts Blossom played Sven and he was killing people and planning on killing Mac Cory. He had the evilest eyes - still does. NO wonder they chose him to play the scary guy in Home Alone (1).

The way Harding LeMay wrote him, those eyes, the music, and the direction - the story scared the daylights out of me. I had nightmares about it. I would wake up and see his eyes staring at me.

• Members

Marlena levitating is high on my list, as was Frankie Frame being chased down and killed on AW.

Also, on GH, the whole Felicia/Ryan/Kevin storyline. I was pretty freaked out when she remembered Ryan attacked her, and even more freaked out when Kevin turned out to be her stalker years later.

• Members

-Another scary moment on Another World was when Alma and her boyfriend were terrorizing Blaine with creepy phone calls and a doll. I remember after watching one episode where Blaine got one of those phone calls, I got an obscene phone call! Maybe the pervert was watching AW too.

-Eden's stalking and rape on Santa Barbara, and the Carnation Killer storyline.

-During the Salem Slasher storyline, there was a closeup scene of the masks Andre DiMera used when attacking. The masks were some of the scariest I've ever seen. DAYS hands down had some of the scariest moments. Marlena's possession, the Salem Strangler and stalker stories, and now Willow Stark. :lol:

• Members

The Coronation Massacre on DAYS in February 2001 was also another scary moment because it seemed like half the people got shot/and or killed.On ATWT,when was Barbara Ryan was almost burned alive in that explosion in 2001 and then in court reveals her burns to everybody in court.Talk about scary.Then also on ATWT when Carly was kidnapped by James Stenbeck and left in a funhouse.On OLTL from 2002-2003,Mitch Lawrence's return from the dead and reign of terror.When Mitch kidnapped daughter Jessica to the mansion called Lion's Heart,the scene when Mitch was leading Jessica into dancing with him and they were twirling around against her will seemed almost incestous the way Mitch did it.That was creepy because Mitch was really out of his mind.

Archived