All: Soap Opera's Scariest Moments

• Members

For all soap viewers here,soap operas have had their scary moments over the years no matter what the storyline is.One of the scariest moments I have even seen on a soap opera was back in 1980 on Guiding Light when Roger Thorpe was chasing a very pregnant Rita Stapleton Bauer(played by Lenore Kasdorf who was also pregnant in real life at the time) through a hall of mirrors at a carnival.They were playing a disco song by Donna Summer and Barbra Streisand called "No More tears(Enough Is Enough) during the chasing scene.Roger was also disguised in a clown's outfit when everybody thought he was dead after Holly shot him.Rita recognized Roger's voice which foiled Roger's plans to kidnap Christina(Blake)Thorpe.The scenes are available on YouTube.com.I looked up who was the headwriter at the time these scenes were written and it was known other the great late Douglas Marland and the chase scene was submitted to the Emmy's and won for Best Daytime Drama.I saw the dialogue of Roger and Rita on soapcentral.com.When I saw this scene on YouTube I really remembered watching that scene and I was only 5 years old at the time.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS: Maggie's murder. It played out like a classic horror film. She invites the killer into her home, has a lovely conversation at the kitchen table. When they go into the kitchen, Maggie realizes what's going on. "It's you!" Before she can say much more, the killer lifts a huge whiskey bottle into the air and slams it over Maggie's head repeatedly, and each time the bottle is lifted, there's more blood on it. The next time we see Maggie, she's lying on the kitchen floor, leaned up against the kitchen cabinets with blood dripping onto her face and into her eyes as she begs the killer to let her live as he lowers the whiskey bottle once again while she screams, silencing her for good. Yipes!

• Members

Maggie's murder ranks up there but for me, the scariest moment was just as the possession story began and Marlena was asleep, levitating over her bed. It was the freakiest thing I'd seen on soaps up to that point and I actually had a nightmare about Marlena and her green eyes!

• Members

AMC:

I thought Janet's entire first reign of terror with Natalie/Trevor was kind of scary and intense...she threw Natalie down the well...and then we got the spooky Wildwind (which is no longer spooky) - but then we got the whole Angelique reveal with Helga - that Friday cliffhanger will go down as the most spooky IMO. Helga was speaking directly into the camera, looking right at the viewers, as she wheeled Angelique out. SCARY!

Archived