Whats your biggest fear/phobia?

Shawn

• Members

Mine would have to be spiders and snakes, pretty common.

I also have a fear of zombies.

When I was little I had a recurring dream after seeing Night of the Living Dead that scarred me. I lived in the middle of the woods, which made it worse.

In it, I went to my bedroom window and saw zombies coming out of the woods towards my house. I run and hide in the basement in the back workshop that my dad had. Naturally my family isn't there, so I'm all alone. I crawl under a table that is covered by a tarp. I can hear the zombies walking upstairs and banging on the basement door. Eventually they bust through, and I can hear the sliding of their feet and the moans as they near the workshop. Then silence.

The tarp then rips off and scores of zombies begin to tear me apart...

Right at that moment I would wake up screaming. Its the only nightmare I ever had that to this day I remember every detail. It still scares me.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For Shawn:

Sleep well tonight! :P

Anyway, I'm afraid of the common things. Snakes, big furry spiders.

I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of nocturnal animals (skunks, raccoons, bats, etc.). It didn't used to bother me at all, until the night that I went to get into my car and a giant raccoon came running out from under the car, right between my legs. Now, I look under my car everytime I'm about to get in it at night.

I'm afraid of heights. When I was a teenager, I went to King's Island and got on the "kiddy" roller coaster. I screamed to get off.

I'm afraid of getting my heart broken. :( (Sympathy!)

• Members

Other than dying alone - the big thing that scares me are rats. It stems from childhood being forced one day at school to watch a marathon of Ben and Willard one day. It was supposed to be a reward day for making honor roll and perfect attendance. We got the day out of class, lunch from McDonald's and a movie marathon. The votes went to Ben & Willard which I had never seen.

I have been afraid of rats ever since.

• Members

Clowns or anyone masked

-- I've always had the fear since I was a small child. Halloween is not fun for me. I hate scary movies, and yes even the pictures and music freak me out.

Snakes

-- I'm not sure where this fear came from, but we always had snakes living around the house where I grew up. They use to live underneath our back porch, and I guess my fear stems from there.

Death by fire

-- My real father died in a tractor trailer truck accident when I was 4 months old, and I've heard the stories about the fiery accident. Although I have recently learned that it was my father who saved another man when the truck he was driving in caught fire. I can't seem to shake the fear of dying in a fire. I am one who loves to watch a fire burn though, fireplace or elsewhere, as long as it isn't me who is trapped by it. Maybe my fear is being trapped with no way out. :unsure:

Rollercoasters

I've never been on one, never will be. I think it's about the height and the speed. Though I love going fast in a car, as long as we stay on the road. :P

• Members

I've read that many "strange" fears we have in this life are due to the fact that we died that way in a past life.

Die by drowning... fear of water.

Ohhh! Speaking of water, I'm totally afraid of dark water. Like, a swimming pool at night? My parents have a pool in their backyard, and I can never swim in it alone if it's dark outside. I'm always afraid of something (or someone) lurking inside... eeeek!

Archived