Matt Ashford in Discussions with Days

• Members

Kenny, I think you are jumping the gun. I didn't catch anything that made me thinks that they appear to negotiating for a contract.

Right now it appears that DAYS has just inquired about Matt coming back for a couple days no more no less. It is a good sign because you never know where storyline may dictate the need for a Jack. And it's a great encouragement that DAYS even wants to bring Jack back for a couple days, they are still thinking of him.

Of course they also wanted to just bring Stefano back for a couple days in November and that was it. They had no long term story for him and were not intersted in writing a long term story for Stefano and told Joe that when he insisted on a lenghty contract or no deal.

Sure, everyone seems to think that Sheffer would love to write for Matt/Jack based on his time at ATWT and his love of Craig there, and that Sheffer is not intersted in writing for DiMera's but let's not put any carts before the horse.

Days still has massive budget restrants, which could also be reason they are only talking about bringing favorites back a couple days here and there when a storyline could use them for an explaination, or twist in the plot, and can't bring them back on a regualr basis.

Of course rumors continue to swirl that more heads may be rolling out of Salem. :huh:

P.S. Kenny, I have the next two days off and will start into my tapes of getting some of that storyline you are 'dying' to see tomorrow. :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd love to see Jack return to Salem thinking Jennifer is dead (she obviously isn't). He is so overcome with grief that he returns to his dark side. Abby, unable to cope with the ongoing fear of losing a parent, slowly starts to unravel and shows signs of the mental illness that crippled Grandma Laura.

OOOOOOOOOOO, the possibilities :)

• Members

I only want Jack back if he comes back with Jennifer. Definitely do not want Jack & Jenn split up or Jenn dead. DAYS should bring on the wonderful Cady McClain. It would be a big slap in the face to AMC and a lot of Cady fans would likely tune in to DAYS I bet. I also think Cady would be good as Jennifer and would be good in the comical aspects of Jack & Jennifer, since Matt Ashford's style of acting is similiar to Michael E. Knight's (Tad). I also definitley doubt that Melissa Reeves will ever return to DAYS as Jennifer, since she quit to become a full-time mother when she moved to Nashville.

• Members

I'm so sick of people saying Jennifer is un-recastable. I love Melissa Reeves, but if she's quit acting, why should DAYS never feature Jennifer Rose Horton Deveraux again. I think it's absolutley stupid NOT to re-cast Jennifer. They've done it before. Stephanie Cameron was ok as Jennifer, but I want a NU re-cast that's a lot better. Cady McClain would be awesome and better than Jensen Buchanan and Sandra Ferguson that others, including myself have mentioned prior.

• Members

Saying Jennifer is recastable is like saying Hope is recastable or Marlena is recastable. It COULD happen, yes, but it won't be successful. We saw that for ourselves with Stephanie Cameron. It didn't work then, and it wouldn't work now.

• Members

Don't even compare Jennifer to Hope or Marlena. Marlena more than Hope could never be recast. Jennifer could be. It's happened before. Stephanie Cameron was never liked by the fans, so that was a dud. I just don't see the need for Jennifer anymore, and I was counting down the days until Missy left. It got to a point where I was sick of seeing Jennifer. The character is boring to me. Is she recastable? Of course she is. Cady McClain would be a total miscast. I could see Sandra Ferguson, Kristina Wagner or even Jensen Buchanan in the role.

• Members

If a Jennifer recast is the only way Matt Ashford can get back on DAYS permanently, that's OK with me.

Kristina Wagner would be my pick, especially because she and Ashford worked together years ago on GH as a romantic couple(Tom & Felicia) and had some chemistry.

• Members

Theoretically, they could recast Jennifer successfully. But there's no compelling reason for them to do sp. Look around the boards...people are excited enough at the prospect of ONLY Jack returning. I love Matt's suggestion that Jack be given more of an edge. Bringing him back without Jennifer would make it easier for the writers to explore that side of him. A Jack without Jennifer would be darker, more cynical and more willing to take risks.

As to how they should explain Jennifer's absense...divorce or seperation won't cut it. J&J were totally content when they left for London. Also, Jennifer going insane would have worked last year but with Missy gone, what would be the point? The potential of that storyline rested on viewers actually seeing Jennifer go off the deep end. If this becomes a long-term stint, I think the only real option is to have Jennifer missing or presumed dead.

• Members

I forgot that Ashford was in a romantic coupling with Kristina Wagner. I never watched Tommy and Felicia together, but heard about them. That's great news. There's no reason for Jennifer to come back, but if she had to, I'd love to see Wagner be recast.

Archived