PASSIONS: Kola Boof to join writing team

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you can center a show around robbing Mick Jagger, I think you can spend a month of episodes of an already out there soap opera on blowing up NBC -- especially when it deals with witchcraft and the supernatural, elements that make it make belief and not even realistic... not to mention the HIGH CAMP factor this would have. Raven Osama would probably be wearing a cape and a flashy suit or something ridiculous and her lines would be from a B-movie.

If it's not taken seirously (and you can bet it wouldn't be, even if all our beloved characters died), I could see the net allowing it.Remember, the show is already fantasy as it is. Putting something liek that on a show liek this shouldn't give anyone ideas, except to see how cheesy [!@#$%^&*] looks in her Osama anti-superhero costume.

• Members

Please, some lame soap opera love triangle? Yes, people don't tune into that anymore. But terrorism? Osama? On a soap? I think that's this show's best chance at scoring a 3 or 4.0. It's unheard of. People WOULD watch. No way the ratings wouldn't spike. Not for all the press that crap would get.

• Members

If JER writes in a female Osama, again, King, lol,what do you think? On a show that's canceled? Female Osama? Yeah, he's deliberately KILLING the show to go out with a bang. If the rumors about him having her blow up NBC are true, it IS donezo, is it not?

And yes, I am "pro" this storyline, for the record. :)

I hate the show's cancellation but if this happened, damn, that's too huge to pass up. I'd love t ohave JER go out with a bang, not a whimper.

• Members

I could see it going both ways, some might go "I have to see this!" which is unlikely but some might, or "Hmmm, I might check this out and see how it goes" which might happen or they would go "What is this world coming to?! What sick writer would bring in a female Osama Bin Ladin on a soap opera?!" and walk off disgusted. The latter is most likely out of the three.

JSF, even though there are thousands, millions of soap fans out there, the Daytime community in reality is really small. If it was big, then it might not be ignored so much. And, for the people who do watch soaps, they might not tune in on Passions, even for this, some might, but most wouldn't. I could even see some Passions fans tuning out for this. JMO.

• Members

I completely disagree with you. There would be no ratings spike. Terriorism is a very real thing in our day and age. I and many people I know watch soaps for escapism. They don't want to see something on soaps that they can see on the six o'clock news. It's a disgrace, IMO, to all the people fighting overseas to basically make fun of this. You have your opinion and that's fine and I respect that. I think it's not going to happen.

Passions will still be cancelled. Regardless of how it goes out

• Members

I'll believe this when I see it. AFAIC, it's never gonna happen, though.

Rion, I actually agree with you on your analogy with [!@#$%^&*] and PASSIONS, too. There's nothing wrong with people still being interested in [!@#$%^&*]. She's fascinating. Yes, I said it.

• Members

But Tishy, the way the show would do it wouldn't be something you see on the six o'clock news. And who knows? Maybe Osama is defeated on the show? TAHT would be escapism. Maybe Tabitha finds out about her evil plot to destroy NBC and, in the process, realizes that would destory all of them because they're ON NBC, and then somehow, the forces of goodness destroy evil (Osama).

I bet [!@#$%^&*] would go for that. Watching her version of Osama go DOWN.

Harmony would be saved, Ethan and THeresa, Luis an dFancy, all our favorite couples woudl SURVIVE terrorism, just when we think they wouldn't.

Frankly, for all you know, Kkola's comment itself may have been a publicity stunt, and this was mapped out by JER right after the cancellation notice. Stranger things have happened.

So what then? What if Osama goes down?

Either way, I think people would watch for the battle -- knowing deep down, this show couldn't get away with letting Osama win. And just win you tihnk shed oes, BAM!!! The powers of goodness save the day!!!

• Members

Tishy, you are right and even though I said in my previous post I could see it going both ways, and I stick to that, I also said it was most likely they would be disgusted and walk off.

I edited that post just a minute ago, and said the Daytime Community is really small. Passions fans are even smaller, especially ones like JSF, Rion, etc. Some would tune in to see it, but JSF, most are gonna be disgusted by this. They would not think of it as brilliance, they would think of it as sickening.

Archived