PASSIONS: Kola Boof to join writing team

• Members

Oh, trust me, PAsoapfan, she is GOOD.

She only wrote for a couple of episodes on DAYS during the summer and they were INCREDIBLE. The dialogue was fresh and simply exciting. I loved it!

I'm glad she'll be going to PASSIONS to wrap it up.

As for her returning to DAYS, I'm also happy. She was great before and she certainly will be again. :)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately, I think it's because she's a "celebrity" outside of soaps and the other writers find their niche and stay

there and mostly not known except by the die hard soap fans.

If you go on "political" boards, "black books" boards and "Sudanese refugees" boards you will find them

talking about KB for reasons having nothing to do with soaps and more about her books or her activism

for Sudanese women.

Anybody notice how she's all over the Jewish boards? Shes a big fan of Israel (obviously because of the war

in Sudan).

• Members

I don't know, Rion. I'd die (in an undetermined mood) if, in the last month of "Passions," Theresa, Jared and Ethan had an agreement and set up an arrangement where they just all sleep together and live as one. Then to see people gossiping about it around town and then, on the final episode, at church, have Theresa see people looking at Jared, Ethan and her in the pew, with a disapproving look on their face, and then stand up and shout, "Yes, I'm sleeping with two men, and I LOVE IT!!!" Oh, the look on Father Lonigan's face!

WHAT a way to end the Ethan and Theresa saga!

• Members

If [!@#$%^&*] wrote for Passions, she would only be doing scripts most likely anyway. She would probably help JER's writing as she may improve on character development and the dialogue. Passions could use a writer to breathe some life into some of the characters in the last few months. It makes the stories more interesting and the bad stories more tolerable if you get better writing like that.

• Members

I just don't know if I can believe this. I really don't find it likely that anyone at NBC would give [!@#$%^&*] a job after what she said about them. And at PASSIONS, no less, where they really don't need her now that it's been cancelled. Although I do hope the part about her going back to DAYS is true. She did some good stuff while she was there.

• Members

What did she say bad about them?

In her interview she said that "DOOL" is the best soap on daytime and she's pissed that Kevin Reilly is planning to cancel it. She only attacked Kevin Reilly because he said he's cancelling the show but he's supposedly not mad at her.

What if they got so much mail agreeing with KB's view point that Reilly suggested the shows give her some work?

Archived