PASSIONS: Kola Boof to join writing team

• Members

Honestly, I don't think she's going to save it or destroy. Say what you will but [!@#$%^&*] is still really a nobody in soap land. And I am pretty sure 99 out of every 100 people asked still have absolutely NO idea who this woman is.

If it weren't for EricaKane, I don't think we'd even really know anything about this woman, and I don't think we'd still care. We would have seen the NYPost article, and that's pretty much it.

So, since no one knows her, no one will care, and her appearance won't hurt or add to the ratings.

JMO.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am on the fence with this....yeah, it could bring in ratings, and I'll bet it will bring in ratings, but a soap featuring a FEMALE VERSION OF OSAMA BIN LADIN AND HIS FORCED EX-LOVER IS PLAYING HER?! This is exciting yet bad at the same time....I didn't think JER would go here, but I'm not really that suprised actually. I mean, first on Days he brought the whole issue with Iraq into play a little bit, and now on Passions he's gonna show us the female Osama. My goodness.......

• Members

This isn't about her writing the show.

Think about it:

Osama's former slave plays OSAMA on a soap where she BLOWS UP A NETWORK.

Nobody will care if they don't know [!@#$%^&*].

They're going to be freaked out, intrigued, disgusted or all three -- and WATCH.

This, truly, would be the biggest thing EVER in daytime.

And again, JER, MAJOR props if you go through with it.

NO ONE will claim a bigger event in daytime.

Again, WHAT a way to end a daytime career! JER, it's brilliant!

• Members

Julia, you've asked the best question of them all: WHY would NBC allow it? lol. Still, we have reputable insiders who are hearing about this. And you KNOW how a lot of things are with these big daytime events: they always start with a rumor. So don't write it off. I'm certainly not, especially since I know the insider who broke this is reputable and knows people in high places!

• Members

I feel like this was a radio jockey playing a joke. There's no way *THEY* (the radio people) know how the show will end.

And since this has to do with National Security Issues, would the government get involved and halt this? FCC?

I'd pretty much stake my life that would never air.

• Members

I'm not writing it off, I mean, it IS Passions. If it was ATWT or something I wouldn't even be in this thread except to scream Bull$hit. I'm certainly willing to entertain the possibility. I just think the network would take some flack for it. People are still sensitive about 911.

• Members

King, I was thinking the same thing. Will the govverment be ok with JER creating a feminine Osama and hiring his ex-mistress to do it? I mean, I can't see any people in the goverment allowing a writer to show a female version of a man who blew up two important buildings in our country.

• Members

Yes, Yes, Yes, and no.

PSNS and JER's recent DAYS prove no one turns in for shock factor anymore. At least not JER's shock factor.

Also, from what I've read in interviews with [!@#$%^&*], she'd never play this role or ever make light of ANYTHING Osama has done. Nor would she ever want to play someone named after him.

• Members

NBC probably would let it air. I mean they know no one watches PSNS (in all the ways that matter to them, anyway), and that's the reason they're canceling it. So...I don't think NBC really cares. It's FCC/Bush who would make it not happen, IMO.

Archived