PASSIONS: Kola Boof to join writing team

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no clue what James Reilly has or hasn't planned as far as story goes in regards to "Passions," but I can tell you with complete certainty that this is false, LoL.

With a name like "Raven Osama-bama," of course rumors are going to arise re: "blowing stuff up." It doesn't take a rocket scientist to string together a rumor from that. Still, that doesn't make it true.

• Members

[!@#$%^&*] may be coming on as a character named 'Raven Osama-Bama" or whatever the hell it is, but there is no way on God's green earth that her character is a suicide bomber or in any way shape or form, connected to bin Laden.

There. I've said my peace.

• Members

I don't know, juniorz. I'd have to say that anything about [s.W.S.N.B.N.], as she pertains to soap operas, and rumors of her coming to current soap operas, is just FASCINATING. And as long as that's true, I doubt the thread CAN die, or even have a breather, for that matter!

I pray to GOD we'll get confirmation (or at least "confirmation" in the way true rumors spread like wildfire on the Internet) about [!@#$%^&*] coming to "Passions." If not acting, writing! :wub:

• Members

Yeah it is news.

I think anybody who really loves soaps should listen to her radio interview at the other web site, because

she's making some fantastic points about the way soaps are written and executed and I can't believe that

executives aren't listening to this woman.

I think the real "nuts" are the network executives who are scared of change and don't want soaps to be

successful.

• Members

ITA with you. I can't believe they would have the audacity to even do this, if it's true that is. Not only would it be mocking the issue, but in a way promoting it (good or bad). I would rather Passions have an open ending. I'm sick of seeing her name. This is a complete disgrace and I don't even think the government will allow this. In fact, I think there's going to be a huge backlash. Peole didn't like the fact that [!@#$%^&*] was his mistress. It didn't matter if she did what she did to save her life. The outcry came then and it will resurface if this happens. Also, JER is not a genius for writing this story and this idea is definitely ranking below everything that JER wrote so far.

I'm dumbfounded as to why this is bringing excitement. I can so see all of the 9/11 victims' families protesting this. Count me in as another who will not watch if this ending does air. I can't tell you all how disgusted and angry I am about this tidbit. :angry:

• Members

I'm assuming you haven't read the entire thread or heard Ms. Boof's radio interview.

Though I can respect your opinions which are basically the same as Ms. Boof's--

I AM NOT SICK OF SEEING HER NAME.

I would like to see MORE of her name everywhere. I think we could use some diversity

and the people that I know definitely hate Osama Bin Laden, but that doesn't mean we hold his actions

against [s.W.S.N.B.N.].

What about all she's done against slavery in the Sudan? What about her endless books against

terrorism and the practices of Extremists in North Africa?

I really think her race plays a major role in the way many people regard her.

For every soap fan who doesn't like [s.W.S.N.B.N.], there's two who do from what I notice.

I'm glad SHE BROUGHT SOME "SOUL" TO OUR BORING SOAP WORLD. :lol:

• Members

LOL!!!

How can you agree when YOU KNOW that Ms. Boof said this story isn't going to be

written the way it's been rumored???

Why do people keep bringing up "aspects" about terrorism and Osama that have already been shot down?

Nobody's going to blow up anything and the "WITCH" character is in no way related to Osama.

Can't Tabitha have a frigg'n comical "dream sequence" for a few laughs without the reactionaries? :lol::lol:

Did you like the Scissor Sisters cameo????

Archived