PASSIONS: Kola Boof to join writing team

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh please what???

A whole bunch of people don't like a BLACK WRITER getting shine that they think should

be going only them, and if she looked like Anna Nicole Smith and had been with Bin Laden

this nation would have an entirely different reaction to [s.W.S.N.B.N.]!

I honestly don't believe "DAYS" would have let Boof go if she had been a WHITE writer embroiled

in a controversial scandal.

What I'm SICK OF is people saying we can't discuss the only "black person" in daytime

who's HOT and fascinating right now.

Why is that? Why are you guys always in this thread if you don't want to discuss her?

Go talk about "background sets" on LOVING or something.

• Members

For the record, I love [!@#$%^&*] and her ideas for daytime. But if people are judging her, and I don't think very many actually are, it's NOT for her race. If anything, it's for her outspokenness and the way that she's not afraid to say exactly what's on her mind (which I for one, like). It has nothing to do with race.

• Members

I don't want to read or hear any of her interviews. I don't care about her so I am not going to read her interviews. From what you're saying, it seems she is doing good in the world, but if she ends up on Passions doing something that references 9/11 and Osama, then this will cancel out all "good" she's supposedly done. I am disagreeing with the scenario of having Bin Laden's name in a soap and most of all, having terrorism play a role. I think the issue is still too sensitive.

You have your opinions and I respect that, but I strongly disagree with the terrorism aspect. It's plain rude and insensitive. People take Passions for a joke. Do you really think showcasing this scenario or any of its kind will make them like it? JMO.

I do want to say my judgement has NOTHING TO DO ABOUT HER RACE. I could care less what she is. I am looking at the issue and I feel it won't bode well with many viewers.

• Members

Okay, one more time. It's not about her being black. Now, I'm starting to feel insulted. I, for one, hardly post on this site. I was so angry that I just had to post. Oh and it's not discussing [!@#$%^&*], it's discussing the entire issue Passions is about to have. Why are people always pulling the race card? Not everything is about race.

[!@#$%^&*] can go ahead and write for any soap she pleases. I don't care. I want a GOOD soap to watch. I just don't like the terrorism tag that comes along with her name. So what if she stars in Passions or writes for DOOL? I find it insulting if she comes to play a character connected to Bin Laden and blows up something in Passions. Not only is that eerie, but it's just plain insulting. I would react this way if it was [!@#$%^&*] or any other actor. Race does not matter. Please understand why some of us are not happy with the scenarios being considered.

You are a fan of [!@#$%^&*], I am not. I understand you want to defend her, I don't like her for different reasons. Please don't imply that we hate her because she's black. That is not the case at all.

Peace,

sema608

• Members

sema608

How many POSTS on this board have indicated that Ms. Boof has said

that she would NEVER write/play a character who was connected to Bin Laden

and that she would never write/play anything having to do with TERRORISM?

Your comments appear very strange, because it's like you can't read what

has been posted.

Ms. Boof is saying the exact same thing that you are. She doesn't want to

see or be a part of that crap.

As Andre stated, you are very UNINFORMED.

Archived