Y&R: Shemar Moore in SOW...

• Members

So, this is the third time I've read about this. Is it true?

Apparently, the latest issue of SOW has the headline "Why Y&R Hunk Refuses to Return!"

Inside is an interview with Shemar Moore who, more or less, says that he'll never return to Y&R because primetime gives him credibility as an actor that he could never attain by being on Y&R as "that guy who takes his shirt off."

Is this true?! If so, a big "[!@#$%^&*] YOU, SHEMAR!" is in order. He wouldn't have gotten to where he is today if it weren't for Y&R. He wouldn't have his Emmy if it wasn't for Y&R. He would have all of his multiple Image awards if it wasn't for Y&R. He wouldn't have sh!t if it wasn't for Y&R. And then he goes and pisses on it like this, saying that his soap career consisted only of being shirtless? Not cool, Shemar. Not cool. I understand that he might be trying to convey that this is how others feel -- not himself, personally. But it's still just altogether uncool.

You should never bite the hand that feeds you.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's not the only former soap star that wants nothing to do with there daytime roots. In a way he is right, soaps really have no creditibility and respect in hollywood. You win a daytime emmy, they say so what in hollywood. I just find it odd that he said this so openly considering his show is on the same network, he really shouldn't be knocking other shows on his network.

• Members

I didn't think what he said was so bad:

"My time is done on Y&R, I did eight solid years as Malcolm."

"If I was to go back, it would be more of the same. This was my seventh pilot and my first hit show. I'm excited, because I'm not getting any younger and this is changing the conversation people are having about me. Finally, I'm not the guy who always takes his shirt off. It's given me credibility."

• Members

^^ True and while I don't love what he said, it wasn't that bad. It's not like he trashed the whole genre. I think he was basically saying that Y&R didn't give much else to do other than be the hunk. That doesn't mean all soap stars lack credibility as actors. At least, that's how I read his comments.

• Members

He came back when his Birds of Prey, which was on the WB tanked....He also returned back to Y&R after he was in the movie The Brothers....

Like I said, "Don't ever bite the hand that once fed you." There's no telling what might happen to Criminal Minds...They could decide they don't want him to return when the new season starts up; and if that happens, I don't want to read the headlines on SOD

Y&R Hunk Pleads to Return to His Roots' or some other BS title that basically states he wants another 'chance'

• Members

These comments, while a little disturbing, aren't that bad when seen by themselves. But, he had made comments after the first time he left, saying that he was done with Y&R and daytime, that he wouldn't come back for no amount of money, and that he was taught to never look back, always look forward.

Then, like Venus said, after his show on the WB tanked, and he was in that movie, you didn't hear his name for some time. All of a sudden, he wants to come back. I guess it got cold out there. It'll get could out there again, and he'll want someplace warm to heat up.

But hopefully this time, Y&R will tell him the same thing others were told...."Thank you, but no. We've moved on."

• Members

When you have to pay your mortgage, insurances, and other bills, you can't let pride get in the way. His career sort of goes up and down, he makes a big movie then he can't get work;goes back to y&r, he gets a tv show it gets cancelled he can't get work; goes back to y&r, he makes another movie to ensure that he won't be broke he goes back to y&r, and then he gets a tv thats a hit. I personally hope it works out for him, I didn't think his comment was that bad, at least he talked to a soap mag, some former soap stars won't even do that, therefore I really don't think that he thinks daytime is beneath him.

• Members

Then if you can't let pride get in the way, maybe he should have thougth of that before he made those statements the first time. And, if I'm worried about my bills, I keep my mouth shut before I go sprouting off about not needing to go back to a show, then having to eat some type of crow when I have no choice AFTER I was talking trash. :)

Archived