January 15-19, 2007

R!ck

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But what are the chances of that happening? CB could have easily been Joey but instead we have Tate. Dan's moved back to LA with his family and is doing other things and given the way they treated him while they had him why he'd ever accept a call from them is questionable. The couples are breaking up but the alternatives in many cases are just as uninspiring. Viki and Nora have both been promised stories for ages to only dissappointment for those who want more than their faces on screen.

In theory I agree that the show could take off with all the right fixes but I have no faith that any of those fixes are planned.

• Members

I never thought I'd see the day that I'm very happy with a 2.7, but way to go OLTL.

I hope this continues, so that TPTB will see that we LIKE seeing Lindsay, Dorian, etc. Otherwise, I'm scared that they will say "see, these vets don't bring viewers in either."

However, the past two weeks have gone up, which says something, as that as when we have seen a lot of these good ol' folks.

• Members

I wish Frons would realize how easy it would be to completely recover from the ratings slump that the ABC soaps were in. They have done some positive stuff and the ABC fans have come back. All 3 soaps have been on an upswing lately esp. GH.

If they would just continue to do some things right esp. quit firing the vets they could do so much more. The fans are right there waiting. It is better to do the right things right now than to let the bad things keep happening. When the fans tune out again they might not return. That is the problem Days is having right now. Even though the show is doing some things right now and giving better daily shows, they just can't lure the fans back. It is better but it should be lots better for them.

• Members

Exactly. I haven't seen an episode of OLTL in two months and it is a more distant memory each day to not watch it. I still read to see if there are any changes but nothing that makes me want to start recording the show again. Six months from now I doubt I'll be interested enough to see if the spoilers reflect any positive changes.

• Members

Steve, I think you're right about DAYS fans not trusting to come back to the show. That is exactly how I felt during the latter part of JER's recent tenure at the show—I tuned out for a while, and nothing was able to draw me back in until I heard about Steve and Kayla's return and, subsequently, Hogan Sheffer arrival. But I can totally see how fans who sat through the serial killer, captive island, craptastic castles and Alex North will not give the show another look for a long time.

It is a shame, and I hope the show is headed upward in the near future.

• Members

People point to JER but I think Days problems go as far back to Langan. To me that is what started Days destruction in the ratings. And they have just beaten the fans ever since. I am not a big Days fan now. I think Hogan is doing lots of things right but I see a lot of things wrong too. But I still tune in almost every day. Some days it is more in the background and some days I actually watch. But during Langan I tuned out completely. I might tune in and watch 5 or 10 minutes here and there but I hated the show. And Days basically told me and older viewers that we weren't important.

Some of those viewers have come back from time to time. Some of us stayed but the majority didn't. Many of them came back during the SSK story to only get fooled again. Over and over the last few years from about 1992 on Days fans have been promised and then no delivery. So I think the problem goes far beyond JER.

And if Frons doesn't get it right the same thing is going to happen at ABC.

• Members

Wow that 3.2 for Days on Monday blew me away! I couldn't THAT many people wanted to see Phillip's new face! But considering the others soaps' numbers on Monday I guess it was a combination of the cliffhanger and it being a holiday.

• Members

Wow - lots of people decided to watch soaps on their day off (MLK).

Anyway I don't understand OLTL's high numbers - this show is just NOT the OLTL I know and love. I'm sure you can say the same of every soap though, but for me personally OLTL - no thanks.

Awesome GH numbers! That 3.3 is impressive!

• Members

OLTL

Monday 3.0

Tuesday 2.5

Wednesday 2.7

Thursday 2.7

Friday 2.5

Overall: 2.7

Here are the abc.com recaps for last week's episodes of OLTL:

01/15/07

Spencer shocks everyone by shooting himself in the chest. Michael believes Spencer shot himself in order to buy more time before being sent to Wingdale. Marty tries to downplay how shaken she truly is in front of Cole. John is anxious to get to the hospital to check on Marty after he and Natalie learn about the shooting on TV. Natalie refuses to allow John to leave the suite. Natalie placates John by calling Bo, who gives John an update on the situation. Natalie reluctantly agrees to allow John to postpone taking his pain medication but remains privately certain that she knows what's best for John. Todd and Starr race to Blair's side and are joined by Dorian, Viki and Clint. Dr. Cushing informs Blair's family that her condition is deteriorating. Bo tacitly lets Todd know that he won't be facing charges for kidnapping and torturing Spencer. Dr. Cushing advises Blair's family to prepare to say goodbye to her. Jessica can't hide her disapproval as Nash begins his job running Capricorn. Nash deliberately pushes Jessica's buttons, which results in her hurling glasses at him. Nash and Jessica feel the pull between them when he reaches out to tend to the cut on her hand.

01/16/07

Todd pours his heart out to an unconscious Blair and hopes his love is strong enough to save her. Dorian fights her fears as she and Michael discuss Blair's prognosis. Starr convinces Todd they have to tell Blair how they feel in case the worst happens. Todd refuses to say goodbye to Blair and won't accept the fact that she could die. Rex blames himself for Blair's condition, telling Adriana none of this would have happened if he had told Todd the truth about the baby. Adriana assures Rex he isn't responsible for Todd's actions. Rex has his hands full when Marcie leaves Tommy in his care. Jessica admits to Antonio that she lost her temper with Nash. Nash steps in and tells Antonio that he and Jessica argued while trapped in the cave and came to realize that they have nothing in common except for Bree. Antonio believes Jessica and Nash will work things out in time. Vincent reminds Natalie that they were once on the verge of becoming friends as he asks for her help in seeing justice served. Cristian is evasive when Evangeline wonders where he's been. Vincent learns another one of his buildings has burned to the ground.

01/17/07

Blair's loved ones are slightly encouraged when Michael informs them that Blair made it through the night. Todd brings Addie to sit with Blair. Blair opens her eyes as Todd continues to beg her to hang on. Everyone is greatly relieved when Blair finally speaks. Bo and Paige refuse to update Spencer on Blair's condition. Bo informs Spencer that he will be prosecuted. Paige tells Bo that Spencer took a calculated risk by shooting himself in the chest as he knew his life would be saved by the doctors at the hospital. Marty visits John and claims she made the right decision about declaring Spencer unfit to stand trial, especially after his actions at the hospital. Marty is uncomfortable when John points out that she isn't dealing with the stress she feels. John believes Marty is even more traumatized by the hostage situation because of her rape. Natalie clashes with Marty. Marty is drawn to Spencer's room and is chilled when they lock eyes. Aaron and Vincent hold a press conference to gather interest in Vincent's case. Aaron publicly states he suspects Cristian of being the arsonist. Aaron accuses Bo and the police department of deliberately not building a case against Cristian. Natalie is enraged by Vincent's actions. Chaos erupts when Cristian and Evangeline arrive at the press conference.

01/18/07

Spencer doesn't confirm or deny Todd's accusation that he only shot himself to avoid being sent to Wingdale. Todd taunts Spencer with the fact that he's going to propose to Blair. Spencer tells his lawyer that he will turn all his assets over to him in exchange for some mysterious "favors." Todd asks Blair to marry him. Spencer hallucinates that he's proposing to Blair. Rex tells Adriana that he created a phony death certificate for Todd's baby and outlines the cover story he's going to tell Todd. Adriana and Rex worry that Spencer might know the truth that Todd's baby is with Michael and Marcie. Jessica tells Natalie that Nash is a thorn in her side and is going to take Marty's advice and try to avoid him. Natalie voices her dislike of Marty to Jessica. Antonio and Nash work out together at Serenity Springs as they discuss Jessica. Nash tells Antonio he'd prefer to have nothing to do with Jessica. After visiting Blair, Jessica and Natalie head to Serenity Springs for massages. Jessica wants to surprise Antonio in the steam room and is unaware that a naked Nash is the only one in there. Marcie warns Starr that getting involved with Cole could lead to trouble for everyone.

01/19/07

A delusional Spencer believes Blair is in the room with him. Rex convinces the guard to let him into Spencer's room. Rex thinks he will succeed in his plan to make Todd believe that TJ is dead but is chilled when Spencer mentions "Tommy." Blair gives Todd an answer to his marriage proposal. Jessica is shocked when she sees a naked Nash in the steam room instead of Antonio. Nash toys with Jessica, who becomes extremely agitated. Nash wonders why Jessica feels so negatively towards him. Jessica admits to Nash that she's afraid of her feelings for him. In the wake of Aaron's press conference, Bo pulls Antonio and Evangeline off the arson case. Antonio vows to prove Cristian's innocence. Cristian is outraged when Talia obtains a search warrant for his art studio. Talia and her team uncover incriminating evidence against Cristian. Lindsay and Paige encounter one another at the country club. Lindsay opens to Paige about her break up with JR. Bo is glad to see that Paige and Lindsay are getting along. Bo has lunch with Lindsay after Paige is called to the hospital and they share an easy connection.

• Members

wow a lot of soaps prove they kan still pull in the ratings. Congrats to Y&R for that 4.8 although to me its not that exciting. Good for days for pulling in that 3.0 something on Monday as well but I kant figure why the show dropped of so much towars week end. Congrats to GH and OLTL. OLTL has been a lot stronger than AMC these last few months. I never thought I'd be saying that. I hope the fans of those show are happy.

• Members

I agree. I quit watching during Langan's tenure, then I came back once Brash and Cwikly were hired and Langan's stories were wrapping up. Reilly was my second time breaking the habit, and I'm sure other fans have done the same see-sawing as I have.

I'm afraid that if this show screws me again, I may not be so forgiving.

• Members

That is my biggest fear with Hogan. He could be so good at ATWT but he could be equally as bad. His last year was awful for me and for many other ATWT fans too.

I just hope he can stay on the high momentum he is now. I have not liked Willow at all and he he is not winning any points with me with yesterday's announcement about her. Since it is still a spoiler for many I won't say it here.

Archived