January 15-19, 2007

R!ck

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, no.....I hope I already know this. I can't stand anymore news about her unless she is fired.

Also, as for Days ratings, I am mad, but I think about it and Steve and Andre were really right. Days lost alot of viewers during the Teen Invasion of 2001 and even I was tempted to stop watching then but I didn't. Then, the viewers Langan did have at that point were either the really loyal ones or the teen viewers they got and I'll bet that half of the teen viewers eventually moved on because I've noticed, and no offense to teens, but kids (and I think Steve said this once) hop from one show to another very fast, whether it's a soap or something else.

So, after that Days ratings problem began, and some viewers might have been lured back during B&C, but there were downers with them and they only lasted for about a year. Then Dena Highly came in and practically destroyed everything so the few viewers that came back quit. Now, like Steve said alot did come back during the SSK but JER started firing people like Francis Reid and after the huge ratings plummet he re wrote everything and the horrible story Melaswan happened.

This is probably what alot of fans fear now is that Hogan will just turn on us just like JER and the others did. Some might even have been lost for good.

• Members

I'm really glad to see that all the soaps went up. I just wish they had ratings like they did for Monday's episodes everday. It's bittersweet to see Passions doing better than it has in months; ratings wise. After I found out Passions was cancelled I stopped watching; it just bothers me too much. I'm going on two weeks Passions free. Anyway, the only soap I'm watching daily right now is Bold and Beautiful. I'm enjoying it, but it could be better. Surprsingly I like Kyle Lowder. Maybe if Brad Bell concentrated on the younger generation in compelling stroylines (Rick, Bridget, Phoebe, Shane, C.J.) the ratings would go higher. I'm just somewhat relieved to be watching the #2 rated soap in total viewers. :)

• Members

AMC is in sad shape. Even with two high publicity storylines going on - the Satin Slayer and Zarf/Zoe their ratings have barely climbed up. OLTL is beating them :blink: I think its just viewers sick of the Babe show. Why the hell is Dixie's last living scene with Babe? I thought that was another FU from TIIC like the Bianca-Dixie Babe convo. The propping for Babe is just out- of - control. Its killing the show and no one in charge seems to care. Like they say you reap what you sow. Its making me more nervous about the fact that AMC may be at the head of the ABCD chopping block.

I've been watching DAYS and while the writing is one hundred percent better, the show is just a little slow right now. I feel like their just something missing that could make it that much more interesting. I do love having Victor and Philip back though. They are moving in the right direction but its going to probably take until the summer to get back most of the fans they want. Hearing the show is done in 2009 is not helping. I wish NBC was pushing more positive press. They should take some lessons from ABC who is always trying to spin their crap into gold :lol:

• Members

Sorry but it is more than just Mimi pulling Days down. Willow IMO opinion is pulling Days down more than Mimi. At least when Mimi is being funny and light hearted I do like her - just don't put the girl in anything dramatic. There is never a time that Willow is on my screen that I like her. On the days that I tape Days and watch it from my VCR Willow is on FF the whole time.

Also as much as I hate to type it the John & Marlena stuff is really bad to me. I didn't even enjoy the dreams this week with them and they are one of my faves. And Bo & Hope are just boring to me right now. It makes me scared about the rumors that have gone around for Bo & Hope and their future with the show. With the Patrick stuff solved, other than being involved in everyone else's stories there doesn't seem to be anything for them, and spoilers hardly ever mention them.

And for me Hogan has still got to push the stuff a little more for me to say Days is the best - there are still other shows I enjoy a lot more than Days on most Days - this week it happened to be GL.

From Tuesday thru Friday, Guiding Light blew them all away this week.

• Members

I'm feeling the same way Steve. For me DAYS has been hit or miss lately.

I hate Willow, and with her being preggers? Been there done that

Lucas and Sami are a snoozefest, and I am sick to death of "Who's the daddy?" storylines.

Bo & Hope are boring.

The John and Marlena story is a bust.

I am already bored with Shawn and Belle on the run.

The only part of the show that I don't FF lately is Billie/Nick/Chelsea and Bonnie/Connor/Mimi :blink:

I want intrigue, mystery, romance, comedy and hard core drama, and I'm not getting it right now. Hell, I'd settle for Hope, Sami, and Billie getting shipped off to a spa right about now. Just do something creative Hogan. I am tired of the same old "done 100 times before" storylines.

• Members

As far as daily shows because of the better diologue writing it is 100% better than what we were getting earlier in the year 2006, but I agree with you. To me Hogan is playing it to safe with the stories right now. And as I said earlier giving me more Willow (sorry to the Willow likers) is not going to win me over either. I know there are those out there who like Willow and some say they are growing. But the majority of what I see is Willow haters. I guess you could say Hogan is taking a risk there by pushing her when the majority of fans don't like her but I am not sure that is a good risk or a risk Days should be taking.

One that I thought I would never agree with anyone on is Lucas and Sami being a snoozefest. They have been a rooting couple for me for 3 years now, and now that they are together as a couple I don't like them. They both have lost their spark and what made them interesting. It is the same thing unfortunately that Hogan did to Katie on ATWT in the last year or so. Katie was such a wonderful character, and then she became a dishrag in my opinion and I have hated her for quite a while now.

I give Days the props on the daily writing - for the big improvements there. And I love that Hogan is finally moving away from the JER stories to his on. And I give Stephen Nichols props every time he is own. He is one of daytime's best. But Hogan step it up again.

• Members

Everyone sees it differently but one thing I think we all can agree on is that Days is one of the best soaps going right now. No one is saying it is perfect but what soap is?

I agree that LUMI bave become boring but for everyone one person who says they are boring, there is another that is happy they are finally together. As for Willow, I don't like her either but I don't think it can be said she is bringing the show down. She is hardly on. Back in the Fall, I would probably agree but now I can't. She has been in like 3 episodes this year. FF is bringing the show down much more with her horrid acting.

I don't mind Bo and Hope backburnered because they have been front burner for over a year now. Time to give them a rest. Bo has been on quite a bit and I actually find myself liking him without Hope. I miss Hope but I don't mind her being off.

Hogan has stepped it up. This month has not been as action-packed and dramatic as last but you can't have huge months every month. All that matters is that the show consistently produces good stories, solid day to day episodes, and is entertaining. Days is doing all that and while some may not agree it's the best right now (some would but I digress), it definitely is in the top 3 at least. The show has been on fire for at least the past two months. I can't say the same for any other soap. Yes, GH has been better and that coming from me speaks volumes but I am going to wait until after sweeps to see how good they really are since they always tend to let down after sweeps. Y&R is hit or miss and GL was great last week and the week prior but it's inconsistent too. ATWT is boring as hell, AMC is becoming a mess, and Passions is a bit better but all the rape is disturbing. OLTL is improving slowly but it's got some work to do. B&B is B&B. Some days it's great and other days it's ok. It never really is real bad or real good, at least not recently.

I would say the top soaps right now are some combination of Days, GH, and Y&R (I would have Days first myself but to each their own). GL has only been good the past two weeks so I can't really put it up there. Y&R would be much higher but I just can't get into the Sheila story despite MS's great performances. The reliquary crap and Carmen stuff is snooze-worthy too. GH has me watching but I don't like alot of what I am seeing. I will wait and see on them though.

I think sweeps should be interesting. We all know GH is pulling out all the stops as usual but it will be fun to see what the other soaps do.

• Members

I am with SteveFrame and Rick and have found DAYS to be lacking as of late. It doesn't help that one of my favorite characters in Hope isn't used very much and that too few characters are being used on a day to day basis. The show has been great the past 2 months, but honestly right now something is lacking but I can't put my finger on it. I will say DAYS is 100 times better with the day to day dialogue and am grateful for Hogan and Co. making DAYS respectable again, but something HUGE needs to happen in the town of Salem.

Archived