January 15-19, 2007

R!ck

• Members

I am glad that Days is holding steady but I would love to see the ratings increase especially for Feb. sweeps. Maybe with the return of EJ, the Sami/Lucas storyline, and her pregnancy will heat things up. And Y&R is doing great!!! I love the Sheila/Pheila storyline and I think Michelle Stafford is doing a wonderful job. She is freakin' me out!!! I would love it if their ratings went up more for sweeps!!! It seems like OLTL is doing better maybe because they are utilizing more of their cast right now. I don't watch the show though so I don't know for sure. And AMC, what can say...if they are striving to be average, they are succeeding!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Despite movement in the Shawn/Belle story this week, I expect that the ratings will go down for this week... all because of Marlena and her stupid dreams.

The writing isn't terrible, it's the acting. Drake's voiceovers alone are killing it! And Deidre... *sigh*

• Members

The ratings will not just go down because of that, Kenny.

The dream story was only on one day and that was Tuesday. That day may get a low rating. The show hasn't suffered because of that story yet and the fact that they don't feature it that much is a good thing. The other thing is those people that do read the day to day wn't know how stupid or lame the dreams come off until they watch so I don't see that hurting the ratings.

Usually we see a widespread descrease for all soaps the week after MLK. I hope that doesn't happen though. I think GL and GH will hold on to their audiences for sure. GL should actually go up for the Jammy stuff and the anniversary. GH will either go down a little or maintain. My hope is for Days to hold on to that 2.7 because I don't seem going up for this week. It's been good but there has to be a dropoff coming somewhere. My hope is that Days doesn't suffer it and just stays where they are going into sweeps.

• Members

Acting is DAYS' weakness. So many years of lazy writing has translated into lazy actors. Bryan Datillo, Farah Fath, Drake and Dee have never been powerful in my opinion, and they are in a handful of stories right now. However, they have made improvements lately with the Shelle recasts, no more Renee/Rhassan (never liked either) and putting John in a coma (thank God).

• Members

I don't think it will hit third for February sweeps- I suspect ABC Daytime will not let it go over General Hospital for any length of time beyond one or two weeks.

The show is better lately, and is giving out hope, something sorely lacking even a month ago. Spencer is in his last living days, although I suspect his demise may drive story for awhile. This pace and level of action really requires a character's exit soon after (Mitch, Tico, Carlo): these type of actions can only be reasonably forgotten or overlooked by other characters after a period of time, if ever. All the stories coming after this either hinge on new characters or are in the early stages. My guess is that we may not know who killed Spencer until May, if it is ever solved. And they have promise, but right now delivery on some of that promise (Nora in a storyline, etc), seems on the slow side for the frenetic pace of everything else.

General Hospital is getting buzz for a new sweeps stunt it is trying this February, and my guess is it will be successful in keeping that third spot, and might even challenge B & B for the number 2 for sweeps only.

• Members

I'm THRILLED to see that rating! I'm new to y and r but I'm really enjoying it. It's so far above the other soaps despite a few flaws (and any show that has to crank out a script for an hour long show EVERY day is going to have some weak spots). Now let's see if Y and R can get the week up to that point. :) They got the desired demo too.. even the younger side of it (to 35). Yay!

Y and R did the impossible, too... it sucked my "I'll never watch soaps again" 16 year old back into watching. They must be doing something right.

Archived