This is getting old......

juniorz1

• Members

Just because there is a reason for a resentment to be there doesn't make it right at all. It is wrong for any group to develop a resentment toward all the members of another group - based on the fact that some of them are bad.

There are many straight people who do not go around bashing gay people but it does happen. According to the assessment that there is a reason for resentment then it would be right for all gay people to hate all straight people.

On every side of every issue there is wrong. We can't use that wrong to justify what we do in life. There are a lot of bad things that happen, but to add hate upon top of hate is not the answer.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Danni

I have said OVER AND OVER that I know racism does exist. It always will, just like hatred toward gays, the overweight, the "non-attractive" etc.

I have said OVER AND OVER I am not a racist and I do not care what color a person is. If they treat me with respect, they will get respect. You have not, nor would not earn that respect from me no matter what color you are as you are just plain rude and ignorant toward me.

I feel bad for anyone, including myself who has had to deal with issues like this. It is not right, but the world is not fair.

I did not own a freaking slave and if an ancestor did...how the hell could I have done anything about that?

I am Irish and they are consider drunks....am i an alcoholic? NO!

You have been horribly rude and demeaning to me, and because I am not black and because I do not fight the racist fight, you automatically have a problem with me.

Being black IS NOT my issue, I am NOT black. But I do not hate, or pass judgement on those who are. I think that is doing my part. If I were in the position to hire people or select people for things, color would not be an issue for me.

Let me ask you this. You have two people interviewing to work with you. A black man and a white man. Both clean cut, average Americans. The black graduated high school and has some college, but no experience or degree in the position he is seeking. The white man has all the experience and qualifications needed. Who would you hire?

• Members

Kwing, why put that out there? Why actually put that there for her to choose? Even I wouldn't tell you who I'd hire. Mainly because either way you say it, you'll make a comment towards her about what she said....

I see what you are pointing out, but I just thing that last paragraph was kind of a set-up; and I've seen it asked of me all the time.

• Members

You're still under the assumption that affirmative action is about hiring underqualified minorities, when it's not. It's about providing an even playing field because without it, an equally qualified minority will not get the job over the majority.

I'm not saying being black should be your issue. However, this whole colorblind mentality is a copout because it just completely disregards the fact that white is already the default. At the end of the day, you can work with as many minorities as you want, but you have the choice to walk away and isolate yourself from it. Whether or not you wish to admit it, there will always be a race issue in the back of your mind. Look at your statement about not getting a job because an underqualified black person got it. That was your first assumption as to why you didn't get it, although you really have no basis to come to that conclusion.

I should also add that qualifications aren't everything. It's about who'd be a good fit, who'd be willing to learn and grow, which personality will work best in the environment. Those things matter too.

• Members

I REALLY didn't want to get into this...

BUT

This post just BOTHERS me for various reasons. I really wish you coud have stated your feelings in a different way.

It reminds me of a poster on SC who used to always come down on my girl Dru[yes, I know she's not real] But the comments made were so venegeful (not in an amusing way either), that it pissed me off and finally made me leave SC (amongst other reasons).

• Members

Danni, I know its not just a black issue and I know it is not just about filling quotas and so on.

But you have made it VERY clear you ONLY represent the black minority voice. Maybe you need to do more research to see that there are people that have issues all over the place that do not deal with just the color of their skin or whether or not they have a penis.

Ever hear of Avenue Q? They have a great song that sums up my feelings on this whole issue!

• Members

BINGO!!

How many warning does it take before being banned, anyway?

Overall, people have to tolerate other people's opinions.

You can talk, talk, talk and talk but you're not going to change anyone's minds. And I don't see the reason why some people are CONSTANTLY asking others to justify their opinions.

If you don't agree, it's OK. Don't drill them.

• Members

I do not hold anything agaisnt anyone...how many times do I have to tell you?

If you are black, white, gay, straight, muslim..whatever. As long as you treat me with respect, you earn respect.

While there are problems in the world, it does not deter me from being who I am...a decent, honest American.

With that, I end my participation in this converstation. Thankfully most of the posters are in agreement.

I hope you do find whatever it is you are searching for and solve all the worlds problems by calling decent people racist. (which you did to me, and refuse to stand up and aplogize). That kind of attack was pointless and is a reason why I will stop being your outlet for your crap.

You want to be treated fairly, treat others fairly as well.

• Members

Of course that makes sense but the reality is there's an entire stigma attached to growing up black in America. 100 years really isn't that long ago when you think about it and it's not as though after the slaves were freed, the problem was solved- far from it. Let's be honest here, POC were drinking from separate water fountains, attending separate schools, not voting, etc.....just 40 years ago. That kind of treatement over a course of time is instilled in the roots of their families from generation to generation. You can't just say "Get over it- yeah, some white people suck, but most of us are pretty cool when you get to know us." It doesn't work that way.

What a silly question. Tell me something- if they had the EXACT same qualifications, Kwing, which one would you hire. Because that would be more telling for the current racial climate.

Who do you expect her to represent, the whiny ass white boys who are having to share their offices with ***gasp*** black men & women who possess the same qualifications they do? The lack of knowledge about Affirmative Action continues to astound me- what's it been, nearly 15 years since it was put in place? And you STILL don't have any kind of reasonable understanding of the concept? :mellow:

She wasn't outright calling you a racist, all she was trying to do is point out how, from the vantage point of a POC, some of your behaviors would be considered racist. Since you seemed so blissfully unaware of the naivete of your statements, she pointed it out. Nobody in this thread ever said "Kwing is a racist, redneck, honkey!" Never happened. If you don't believe me, re-read the entire thread from page 1 and you'll see that I'm right.

:D Maybe you got ur wish DruRocks, though it is like the 80th time he's said it!

Archived