AMC: Huge uncasting Scoop!

• Members

At this point in the game, I think AMC will and can go just about anywhere...... case in poit: Josh, the aborted fetus..... Greg Madden buried alive in a box.......

They will go anywhere....

I was beginning to have renewed interest in AMC again, a feeling of improvement, a feeling of depth and warmth.... alot of that was due to the closeness of Tad and Dixie as of late. Well that is gone. And my faith in AMC is gone too.

This hurts the most just the way of how it went down.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally am with you Darcy. I've watched AMC since I was a child with my mom. But after the way Cady McClain, probably my favorite AMC actress of all time, has been treated, I will stop watching AMC and will hope that ABC (if they do cancel one soap) do cancel AMC, they deserve it.

It's like a horrible nightmare!

Ryan, I so wish it was really A) a publicity stunt.

F U C K Julie Hanan Caruthers.

Babe, the ho / b i t c h should've been killed off. Babe, Zarf, Krystal, Josh, firing Julia Barr and now firing Cady McClain likely will be the death of AMC. I think ABC is doing this on purpose so they cancel AMC to make room for that rumored 3rd hour of GOOD MORNING AMERICA.

It'd be nice to see Cady McClain on DAYS (since I already watch DAYS), maybe as a Nu Melissa Anderson or Adrienne Johnson Kiriakis or back to ATWT as Rosanna. Whatever soap Cady goes to, I'll start watching.

• Members

Great idea Shawn. I could totally see her on DAYS.

Maybe as Melissa Anderson Horton, Jessica Fallon (Nick's Mom) or Sandy Horton

Oh I know I know!

She could be a Robin Jacobs recast and they can get Hunt Block as the new mike Horton and Agim Kaba as Jeremy Horton and all would be right with the world. :lol: I wish

• Members

Wow...this is one hell of a week.

This really makes me wonder even more about AMC's future. Killing off a beloved fan fave? Wow...especially with her not even being reunited with her daughter yet.

Something tells me this was not planned and something went down. It could very well be the Barr thing or maybe she did want out. It did seem like AMC had plans for her though.

This gives me more reason not to tune in. I tuned in a bit when she returned out of curiosity and didn't like it and now I definitely don't like this. Dixie used to be a fave of mine and, from what lI have seen of late, they were going in a good direction there. It sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if she did return to ATWT.

It would also not surprise me if Walt or another vet is next.

• Members

I'm still hoping that this is a publicity stunt. According to this article dated January 8, 2007, Cady McClain is set to appear with other cast members of "All My Children" in "ABC Daytime Salutes Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS" scheduled for February 25th. Obviously, the roster could have changed. But I still pray to God that this is a publicity stunt.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/104702.html

• Members

Kathy @ the PVB says she thinks it was NOT Cady's choice. And she's always very careful about what she says.

Also apparently at SSW Cady was telling one of the employees there how she was so thrilled to be back and she wasn't going anywhere :(

If this was about money why the hell did they not fire Bobbie Eakes?

• Members

Courtesy of Jules in the new SOW, Cady was fired (I am so done with AMC):

Revolving Door: Out: After playing beloved Dixie Cooney Martin on and off since 1988, Cady McClain was let go from All My Children in December, a move that the show asked the actress and this magazine to keep quiet until the Slayer strikes again this week.

"Despite their choice to do this, I wish the show every success," says McClain. "It's a wonderful cast of good-hearted actors, and a fantastic and committed production crew."

She acknowledges, though, that Dixie's death next week means fans will not get the happy ending they've been waiting for. "I feel especially sad that the fans were led to expect a living reunion for Tad and Dixie with their one biological love baby, Kate, because they will be let down," sighs the actress.

See next issue for McClain's exclusive interview--including the truth about her "negotiations".

There is also an interview with Vincent Irizarry:

Question: You were at AMC for nine years. What do you think their goal is, getting rid of all these veterans?

Answer: I don't know what their ultimate goal is. I mean, I certainly know that they're trying to change the demographics on the show. That's obvious. But I'm not sure about the way they're trying to accomplish that goal. Their strategy seems bizarre, unless they're willing to cut their losses for the next five years or so in the hopes that they can re-create the show. That's a long time to abandon your entire base and try to build up a new base, especially in a world that's not the same as the world was when that base was created.

When asked if it made sense for AMC to try to attract moms rather than teens (I think that was a typo and they meant teens and not moms), VI replied:

"Yeah, but they don't seem to think that works anymore. I don't know what the answer is, but I don't think this is the answer. I think they're burying the show even faster than they would if they held onto their core audience. It's a tough situation. The medium itself is really struggling. Let's hope that daytime will be here 20 years from now."

• Members

Even though Cady doesn't deserve to be on ATWT after running her mouth off about Hunt not being back and her constant ins and outs on that show, I bet Chris Goutman is happy to hear this news and is willing to do whatever to get her back there. It's kinda perfect timing for Rosanna to be back, with Maura on maternity leave soon and all. Though, I'd love her on a west coast soap like B&B or Days, but I don't see that happening.

Archived