AMC: Huge uncasting Scoop!

• Members

Im shocked. Why kill her off only to bring her back and then kill her off all over again? Ive hated Dixie this past year but what a huge dissapointment. With the Tad reunion on the horizon and the Kate story which has really been building up for 6 years, she's gone? Very anticlimatic. Where's the payoff? This is a HUGE mistake

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THANK YOU CRPEMKE! I for one feel betrayed.

AMC is the soap that I have watched the longest but I hope this is an indication that it's on it's way to cancellation! I hate the way AMCPTB have treated it's vets. In less than a year I have had to say goodbye to David, Julia, Opal, Simone, Erin, Olivia, Dani (Uncle Porkchop and Ethan) and now Dixie too? True Cady was gone for years but they basically promised her the moon to get her to come back and then brought her in, altered the canvas and then they completely trashed her character. And for what? Madden in a box? More JR betrayal? Will she even get to hold Kate before dying? What a waste. I don't know who is to blame, rabid fanbases, a lousy Production team lack luster writing but i suspect that it is all of the above and more. Goodbye for good AMC. I don't even bother to turn in during Days commercials anymore. With VI at Y&R I switch from Days to Y&R and I'm a much happier viewer!

Now I'd love to see Y&R and DOOL grab up all of the viewers that have stopped watching AMC.

• Members

So? I am admin of a Paul and Meg board and our campaign forum is private, alot of boards do as well.

Nope no nerve struck. Cady was never insulted at fan events. I remember her saying that she was afraid she might be, but as far as I know she wasn't.

So yes please do get your facts straight. If our fanbase had that much power then why is Cam Mat still on the show???? :rolleyes:

• Members

True Cady BEGGED a certain fanbase NOT to hurt her and to my knowledge she hadn't been. But it's sad that she felt so threatened that she had to come forward and basically ask people to be nice. Well, she won't have to worry about them when she's gone. They no longer have a reason to target her.

• Members

I am literally at a loss for words. What is happening to my show? I mean This is just beyond ridiculous and stupid. Killing her off, for real... I mean Tad and Dixie then is officially over. Like OMG. I can't even fathom this. I was so excited to get Dixie/Cady back and now they wasted her for the majority of the year and just now we are getting our old Dixie and Tad back. So we have been stringed along only to not get the Tad/Dixoe/Kate reunion. Like OMG! OMG! I am angry, sad I literally do not know what to feel.

AMC is dying before my very eyes. I am just quickly beginning to realize that. I was in deinal for a while but really.... in a way I almost am hoping for its cancellation.... nothing will be left. If cady was fired.... like who's next? david Canary? Even Susan Lucci?

This just totally blows my mind.

• Members

IDA and dont think its right to pinpoint and blame one fanbase. The Dixie hate was seen across the boards. Many who loved her before simply could not stand her. I know I for one could care less about Zendall and would rather they break up but I hated Dixie. In fact I wanted Zach/Dixie in the beginning but the writing for Dixie was so horrible that I couldnt even get into them anymore bc I hated her so much

LOL...not us AMC fans that hated Dixie

• Members

I'm sure a lot of elements went into why she left if it was her decision to leave. Ones we probably shouldn't make presumptions on until Cady and/or AMC says their piece next week. And if she was fired, that's absolutely not any fanbase's fault.

The storyline they chose to do and the way they decided to write Dixie upon Dixie's return was unpopular with the general audience, not just a fanbase. Why? Because it got in the way of two popular pairings...and this was not the Dixie most of the audience fell in love with, including me. But once they stopped the damage, started writing closer to the Dixie the audience loved and started going back to T/D, even Junior/Dixie, the audience was jumping back in.

I for one do not believe the show fired her because it's so stupid (I know this show's decisions aren't exactly not stupid often, but this would be the-STUPID), the show seemed to be planning future storyline for Tad...and Dixie one week and then the next week...boom. I do think it's possible it was a mutual decision - ABC/AMC may not have been happy with the way she commented about Julia Barr's exit (which I got a lot of repsect for her one) and thus the "ease" of which they let her exit. I'm going to be shocked if it's announced that this was actually a firing, though.

• Members

While I don't think any fanbase is responsible for Cady's firing, I do think it contributed to the decision. And I remember the campaigns being discussed on other message boards (especially the Listerine one-which I found extremely tasteless). Anyway, I think some over-aggressive members of a couple fanbase hurt the character of Dixie. Cady did a post on her blog reminding people that AMC was just a soap and that she hoped she wouldn't be harrassed/attacked (can't remember exact words) at the fan luncheon. Obviousy, something happened to cause her enough concern to post that message.

However, I place most of the blame on McTavish. If she really wanted to do more of a Dixie/Zach/kendall/Ryan quadrangle, there was a better way to write it. Her writing is very weak and contrived and so plot driven that the motivations and the actions of the characters don't make any sense. Dixie's return was botched. It was worse than Maria's/Maureen. If McT would have been fired months ago, who knows, AMC's ratings could be higher and most of the vets wouldn't be fired or leaving.

• Members
I disagree with that. Now there's always a chance Cady is partially leaving (if she wasn't fired) because of bad fan reaction from some fans back last summer, which I'd presume was more mail, if it's her choice. But it was no fanbases fault that Dixie's character was hurt. I liked Zach/Kendall, but Tad and Dixie were my couple (I seriously bought my first VCR b/c I luuuveed them) - it wasn't a fanbase that made me start disliking the new and not improved Dixie and thinking her storyline was some of the biggest crap on the show. It was the fact that new Dixie held no appeal to me (might as well have been a new foreign character) and the storyline was even more crappy (Tad was a non-factor) --- thanks to the PTB's of this show when it comes down to it.

Probably. I wish they could have had her leave alive somehow, I think I would have even accepted a recast. But Dead is...well dead especially when it's the second time and likely on-screen.

Archived