AMC: Huge uncasting Scoop!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ICAM. I think Cady gets an unfair rap for this. MEK left AMC in 1986 and came back two years later in 1988. He left again in 1990 and then returned in 1992. Both times he left to try his luck in Hollywood.

Cady was on AMC starting as a teenager in 1988 when she was 18 years. She wanted to get a job on a soap because her mother had been diagnosed with cancer and she wanted a steady job. Her mother had cancer throughout the next several years and Cady took care of her while she was working on AMC. When her mother died, Cady left the show in May 1996, after 8 years, and had given a huge amount of notice (I think she told them about a year or several months before and that is why they brought back Marcy Walker, so they could set up the story). During her time off she slept for 6 months (lol), was in some plays (one of which she wrote) and went to art school. She came back to AMC 2 years later in July 1998 and stayed for 4 years leaving in February 2002 (again she gave a lot of notice as it was announced she was leaving in October of 2001).

At ATWT she was on recurring for most of her stay even though she was front burner, although I do believe she did sign a one year contract with them eventually. She left when her father was dying and she perhaps did not return because of Hunt's firing (but Rosanna was already written out in the coma - and Rosanna was written out first, before Craig).

I'm glad that Cady is going out to California. I think it's pilot season now or soon and I wish her the best of luck.

• Members

Wow I can't believe it. I loved Tad and Dixie when I was a teenager and though I have hated this go-around with them I can't believe they are killing Dixie off. Killing off one-half of one of thier most famous couples really does tell me the show is desperate. What a slap in the face to Tad and Dixie fans. Dixie's return was a bust thanks to crappy writing and pacing but I did'nt hate her the way some did. I would rather see Julia go and she can take Jonathan, Jamie, Del, Annie, Krystal, Babe, Josh, Zarf and Ryan with her. That would save the show plenty of money. I am sure Walt is gone now too. With this Erica/Jeff grossness and Babe and Ryan eating the show I can't blame him.

I barely recogonize AMC anymore. And with news like this I am none to optimistic for the future of it.

• Members

It was lovely to see how Cady responded to Julia leaving.

If she was to play GL's Cassie, which most likely would NOT happen, i think she would really do wonders with the role, giving the character sass but not to extent of her being overbearing or annoying, and the scenes with Gina Tognoni i am sure would be amazing material. Hmm, Cady as an Annie recast? I do think she could do it very well, but i also think Watros is an icon of the show and you shouldnt touch soap royalty and their creations in that respect.

I know for a fact that Cady would steal the scenes from Zimmer, just as Watros did before her. She has an intensity.

• Members

Can we please stop with that stupid “Rosanna” character? People seem to be coming in here to gloat that Dixie is gone. Don’t hit AMC fans when they’re down. Tad & Dixie are (or were) an extremely popular couple. Their reunion got an 8.7 rating back in 1993. I don’t think Cady tried to infuse Dixie with any other character. Dixie’s edge made sense considering the circumstances that she went through. But even Cady couldn’t overcome the lackluster writing. What’s funny is that McTavish loves Tad & Dixie – they’re her signature couple. I do put some of the blame on JHC and Frons for this. What’s even sadder is that Dixie was just becoming likable again……….. now she’s dead. AMC is dead……… SOAPS ARE DEAD! AAAAAHHHHHH!

Sorry if I’m rambling, but this is all so sad.

• Members

This is not a publicity stunt. JHC explicitly says in SOD that this is not pretend like Todd (OLTL), that she is really dying.

Also what SOD says in the last paragraph (previewing what it will have on this story in the next issue) definitely makes it sound like it was entirely AMC's decision.

• Members

This is just...I still can't believe it. Oh, man, why would they do this? I hate Dixie, but I was so happy she and Tad finally found Kate and were going to get the chance to know her. Why AMC why?

Ooooooooooh and she dies becaue the killer was after Babe. That shows you where AMC's priorities are. Bastards.

• Members

Oh please is right. There was alot of Dixie hate going on and not just by any particular group of fans. Show me where anyone campaigned against her, cause the fans you're talking about, the message board for that fanbase doesn't support hate campaigns. No one insulted her at fan events either. Please get your facts straight.

I would have never expected that they'd ever fire her. I'm totally blown away.

• Members

Thank you Angela....totally agree. I really don't like that some people are blaming a certain fanbase for Cady's firing. Blame TIIC not fellow fans...it isn't fair and really uncalled for. Bottom line...doesn't matter who we like/dislike...we are all soaps fans.

Anyway, I am also shocked by this news. I was starting to like Dixie and I was enjoying the Tad & Dixie scenes..feel bad for Cady and her die-hard fans :(

• Members

I don't recall the blog date (but it was during her involvement with Zach), Cady did say that fans where insulting her. "Insulting" may not be the exact word, but that was the gist of her blog. She was asking fans to take it easy, because this was only a soap.

With that said, it is not a fanbase's fault that she was fired. I'm just saying that the above poster was accurate as far as what Cady said.

• Members

It came right off "that fanbases" site until they suddenly made rules there that it had to be done privately. If it wasn't a problem then why did they need to suddenly come up with the rule? And what about the campaign to send Listerine packets after Dixie and Zach had the big kiss? Guess I'm making that up as well? And as for her not being insulted at fan events then are you calling Cady a liar now too? It seems I struck a nerve without even trying. Please don't tell me to get MY facts straight.

• Members

Wow. Unreal, what is going on this week, its just one thing after the other. I stopped watching AMC even though I only began watching last year because Cady was on because its a trash fest. I am a huge Rosanna fan so I hope she goes to ATWT and they bring back the REAL Craig Montgomery, I might actually start watching again. But I am sad on behalf of AMC fans. Why bring her back for a year? This is ridiculous.

Archived