All: best and worst soap

• Members

I think we can all agree that the soaps are in a miserable state right now ... could get even worse, sadly. That said, is there one soap that you think is consistenly better than the others and is there one that you think is the worst of all?

In my opinion, the best soap is GL. It has consistently solid performances from good actors, manages money well and does more with their budget than soaps with twice the budget, great recasts; interesting characters even though there are one or two I'd like to kill; it has some faults but is doing better than many of the others; they are the only soap to really keep their ratings consistent last year while everyone else seemed to be going down in the ratings.

I'd say the worst soap is GH. No respect of veterans, characters, history, etc. Still too much focus on Sonny and Jason (especially Jason). The writing is awful; so is some of the acting; "the elite" actors (cough Steve cough Maurice cough) are running the show behind the scenes and dictating what they will and won't play. The Summer of Sleaze made me tune out completely. I'd say GH is the show most in need of an overhaul.

What do you all think?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Best: Y&R because they use their vets instead of dumping them

Worst: GL because Kreizman and Wheeler are in control of the show. These two clowns have managed to destroy every character on the show with their poor writing and producing.. :angry:

• Members

LOL Eileen Davidson is a vet who was just dumped instead of being WRITTEN for. I have to wonder if MTS is next since she must be over-paid for the barely supporting role of Nikki. From what I have seen lately the stars of the show have been the lippy ones, Colleen and Amber!

• Members

This is as of right now:

The Best: Y&R but close by is GL and GH (they are far above the rest in my opinion)

The Worst: probably Days even though it does entertain me at times; close to it and it pains me very bad but it is ATWT right now

I was just getting ready to update my rankings based on this week so you can look in my siggy below to see how I rank them from top to bottom.

Archived