All: best and worst soap

• Members

I only watch Days on a regular basis, but I think it is very entertaining right now.

I've seen Y&R some, and I would say it is doing a good job.

I don't know how any soap could be worse than Passions. I hate that show with a (dare I say it) passion.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Best: GL - makes the most out of it's crappy budget and has the best cast in daytime, IMO.

Okay: Days - The writing has improved drastically but there are still some characters I could care less about (ie. John/Marlena)

Worst: ATWT - Something's wrong when a soap manage to make me hate or worse, become apathetic towards what used to be my favourite characters. I can't sit through an hour (or 40 min. depending on whether I watch live or not) of this borefest anymore.

• Members

Perhaps dramatic, but definetly not wrong IMO!

I am just sick to my stomach over AMC and what has happened to it....2006 truly was a nosedive year for the show and so far in 2007 I am just NOT liking what they are doing, especially with the Zarf/Bianca story. Its just NOT AMC and never has been!!

As for every soap losing its identity, I disagree, several soaps may be in a different place than they were 10 to 20 years ago, but there is still several things about these shows to identify with (with AMC this is not the case for me anymore, it is an empty shell of its former self and I totally disagree with the handful of posters who are claiming the show is "improving vastly"...I am not seeing anything but desperate material from a desperate writing team).

Also, I agree with those posters about GH aswell...I never said the show was great because it is FAR from it!!! GH for me is the epitome of mediocrity at the moment.

• Members

Nope I disagree...AMC is the absolute worst soap on the air at the moment...followed VERY VERY closely by PASSIONS.

There is just no if ands or buts about it!!

And these "slight improvements" or "signs of life" are bogus!!

AMC has not improved at all IMO...what may be coming off as improvement to you is coming off as weak and desperate to me!

I expect ALOT more than what AMC is attempting to serve at the moment!

• Members

Well Mitch, you are certainly honest :lol:

I am sorry AMC no longer has anything to offer you :(

That alone is a reason Mr. Brian Frons and any other idiot under him at ABC Daytime needs to be fired because Mitch, there are tonnes more of ya out there! AMC isn't the AMC we all grew up on while I certainly don't agree its went as far as you feel it has, something is definately missing from the show I grew up on.

I hope one day (although all hope when it comes to ABC falls on deaf ears) you can find something in AMC again you can identify with.

• Members

You know what...I have said it since DAY 1...Frons is the problem, he is the UNIVERSAL problem that is associated with the ABC Soaps.

How this man is still employed at ABC is BEYOND me!!

Its hard to say these things about AMC, because it holds such a soft spot in my heart and along with DAYS/Y&R, it is majorly associated with my childhood.

I don't know, I just keep hoping for something better, something to pull me back in....cause it takes a lot to make me stop watching.

In this age of the dying soap genre, I just fear that time is running out for many of our daytime shows, perhaps the good days ARE behind us for some of the soaps.

I only want the best for AMC and daytime in general, watching it go through this nasty skid has been difficult, mainly because AMC has never really gone through such a major skid like this IMO in the past (or one quite so bad).

I have not lost hope though, I will continue to hope for the best, especially for AMC!

• Members

Its good you are still keeping a positive attitude Mitch because it today's daytime world, it gets harder and harder.

But really, DAYS renaissance in my mind proves there IS hope for this genre. I mean, Hogan is doing a kick ass job if he can get me, a historical DAYS downer to actually tune into the show every once in a while!

Archived