DAYS: Monday

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wondered that until today, actually. Now I think they did it precisely to get Billie where she is in today's episode. If that's the case I forgive them for trying to palm off a case of insta-love on us, especially since they didn't actually have Steve sleep with Billie.

Billie is more interesting to me in today's episode than she has been since I started watching again in May. I'm actually very intrigued by where they're going with her now. Yay writers!

• Members

My views are strangely so different than most I have read.

To me, today's show was all about secrets.

Steve keeping a secret from Kayla.

Sami keeping a secret from Roman/etal.

Nick wanting to keep a secret from Chelsea.

Lexie wanting to keep a secret from everyone.

We started 2007 off with a bang and loads of questions.

It does appear that Billie may be headed into a downfall/pitfall and so she and Chelsea will have a storyline whereby Chelsea will have to be the grownup strong one (maybe).

Sami and Lucas' love will be severely tested.

Steve and Kayla have demons to deal with.

Lexie and Abe have a huge test of spirit.

Nick faces real challenges.

Jean

• Members

I was going to say the same thing. I think the billie/steve pairing was done more to affect Billie's story than Steve's. It is amazing to see that there are actually repercussions in the stories. I also liked how we got a little break from the action of the last few days. Even on a slow day, I'm still enjoying the show.

• Members

This was actually the first time since 1979 the show aired on New Years, I think it was to make up for not being on Christmas Day because they are normally on with few expetions. Hopefully they stole some viewers airing today!

• Members

I think airing an episode on New Year's Day was a good idea. There is the possibility soap fans just wanted a fix of any soap and may have tuned in for the heck of it. Have they given any reason as to why they decided to air an eppy today?

As for the show itself, I hope it keeps people interested. I thought the Steve/Kayla stuff was cute, and I normally hatehatehate things like that. I also enjoyed Sami, but the episode seemed a little oddly structured. They had the Sami storyline at the beginning--but then it was Nillie mostly in the second half with NO Sami at all. Friday's preview had Sami/Marlena talking about John but that didn't happen. I watched it with a friend (he always ingored the show), but he said he was going to tune in tomorrow just to see how the Billie/Nick thing turns out. But mostly, I'm afraid, to see Nick shirtless (which the preview hinted at).

• Members

Billie did take the shirt off and then they kissed. It ended after that. I am mostly spoiler free so I had no idea. I watched it early this morning (taped from Day Ahead on Friday) and during the episode I thought it would be good to have Billie/Nick but then when it happened I was like woah!

The preview had them in bed/waking up from what I remember.

• Members

Haven't watched yet, but I'd really love it if they didn't test Billie/Nick as something more. How refreshing would it be to just have two people who don't know each other, just find each other for one night?

I still can't belive they cut Marlena out of this episode. I was looking forward to that Sami and Marlena scene, and watching Marlena in the chapel by herself.

• Members

Well i really liked the Billie scenes today..Julie Pinson rocked, and her falling off the wagon was such a powerful moment to watch...The Nick and Billie scenes were very interesting, very out of left field..But still well done...

I liked the sami and roman stuff in the beginning, but i also found it weird that we didn't see the marlena and sami scene in the chapel...i wonder why that was cut and will we ever see it?

Archived