DAYS: Monday

• Members

What a strange way to be spending my New Year's Day. For the first time in years, Days of our Lives is airing on New Year's Day. It's the first episode of 2007, and after a wild week last week, today's show is a more mellow, but it's still great to watch!

Discuss!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just got done watching Days.

Can someone please give Julie Pinson a storyline? She seriously about killed me today when she was all upset over not being with Steve anymore. I'm probably the only here that actually liked the Billie/Nick Fallon scenes. I thought they were hot at the end of the show when they started making out. There was definelty some chemistry there.

I feel so bad for Sami. She is like completely traumitized by what EJ did to her.

Lexie is annoying. I didnt like the way she snapped at Chelsea today.

Speaking of Chelsea I loved the scenes with her today too.

I gotta admit the Steve/Kayla doctor scenes were cute lol.

All in all it was a good show today.

• Members

It's truly amazing how much this show has changed in such a short amount of time. For the first time in close to two years, I am finding myself intruiged by the storylines on DAYS. I've caught a few episodes here and there over the last few months, but now I'm becoming more of a regular viewer. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until I'm watching it daily again. Great job, DAYS, you've got me hooked again!

• Members

Today's show was pretty mellow, but good.

Nick and Billie were definitely the highlight of today. Surprisingly, I found myself enjoying their scenes. I thought I would hate this little storyline, but it was done tastefully. Julie Pinson was breaking my heart as Billie when she read that letter and then turned to the bottle. The hesitation was there. You could feel that Billie truly believes she's a loser and has nothing to offer anyone. This is Billie. Sure, she has that rough exterior, but when you get through that shell, you find a vulnerable girl inside. And then adding Nick into the mix was wonderful. You could feel the awkward moments when Billie was crying and Nick didn't know what to do. The ending was just awesome. Nick told Billie to kiss him and it was beautiful the way they ended on the letter that started this.

Nothing new with Steve and Kayla. If I had this taped, I would've probably FFed through their scenes. Damn you, Steve for hurting my Billie! :angry:

Nice to see Maggie today. Me thinks Hogan likes Suzanne Rogers :D I'm glad Maggie is giving Chelsea a chance at Chez Rouge. Her line after Chelsea trashed Willow was funny. "There's the Chelsea I know and love." Such cute scenes.

Abe and Lexie were just okay. I'm wondering where Abe's eyesight storyline is going. Everyday I see Lexie, I get sad that she won't be with us much longer :( What the hell was up with Lexie being so rude to Chelsea today? It cannot be because she still hasn't forgiven her for killing Zack because they've had touching scenes in the past togther. Lexie was being such a [!@#$%^&*]. Although it did remind me of Lexie DiMera :D

The flashbacks returned and I really didn't mind them. It helped tell the story, not fill up space because of bad writing. Sami's concerned about John. I wonder if that gets under Roman's skin. I wanted to see more of a reaction from him when Sami showed her concern for John and Marlena's marriage and life getting back on the right track.

Tomorrow looks amazing with the return of my true love, Annie Burgstede (Willow). My, how I've missed you. Chelsea, you better watch your ass! You're talking to an ex-hooker. She will f*ck your life up!

• Members

I liked the Billie/Nick scenes. They were interesting, though not really hot to me.

There was this one shot where Billie is first going to the kitchen cupboard to get the bottle, I loved the camera shot, it was of her through the doorway. I'm like, oooh creativity, what a concept!

• Members

Days is starting to draw me back in and I don't like it!! I am already watching Y&R!! I quit watching DOOL when the original Billie (Lisa Rinna) and Bo (Robert Kelker-Kelly) were broken up and Hope and the original Bo were reunited. I loved the Bo/Billie pairing and the storyline Billie had at that time. Her drug addiction, her being raped/molested by her father, the rivalry and hatred between her and Kate, her relationship with Jack and the original Austin. Sigh...I wish I had some of those episodes on tape. Anyway, she was a very interesting and dynamic character back then. Then the show gradually turned her into a pathetic third-party to Bo/Hope. And I hated the first recast they did of her character too. So I quit Days and haven't watched regularly since then.

I like the actress who plays Billie now. I would like to see the show revisit Billie's addiction problems. I think that would help make her more sympathetic to the audience again. And I am hoping the Mike Horton recast might be her new love interest. She needs her own storyline and love interest.

As for today's show, I thought it was pretty good. I didn't mind the Nick/Billie stuff. She's drunk and falling back into the pattern of comfort. He is lonely and feels rejected also. I do not want to see a pairing but I can understand a one night stand. I forgotten how much I liked Steve/Kayla. They were one of my favorites too. And poor, poor, poor Sami. She is digging herself in deeper lying about EJ. This could be a really interesting storyline. One I am looking forward to.

• Members

Being spoiler free is awesome! Julie Pinson rocked the house today! I also found the Nick/Billie scenes tasteful and not akward. Billie approaching her bad habits was awesome to watch. It would be awesome if the show actually took a realistic approach to her bad habits and gave her storyline out of it, it doesn't have to be front burner or airtime hogging but it would be awesome to watch because Pinson is awesome and Billie is an interesting character again. And IF Pinson should get the axe it would be a good exit if she went to rehab or something. Pinson is really good though and this show is on fire.

Archived