AMC: Friday

• Members

AMC is officially on its way back to being the good soap I love. I enjoyed today's show. Aidan and Di were great as usual and I really like Ryan and Annie together. Emma is just adorable with them 2.

In Zarf, I finally see someone I can picture Bianca with. I always thought Olga was too old and experienced for her and Maggie was a ditz who didnt know what the heck she wanted. I see chemistry with Zarf and really enjoying him and this story. I like how AMC is proceeding with it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually I don't think this is true. There are lots of Zarf fans here and the storyline as a whole. It just seems like all the "Bianca needs a genetic woman to love or she's not really a lesbian and the whole world is over" people are just more vocal and passionate about their stance/opinion.

Personally, I'm loving the Zarf/Bianca stuff - and Zarf has won me over. If you actually listen to his dialogue and get over the unusual-ness of the entire thing, I can really understand and relate to the guy/girl. No, I'm not weird nor a transgendered, but I'd imagine coming as a TG is even more difficult than coming out as gay...and believe me that is hard enough.

• Members

I loved today's episode. I agree with you Steve regarding Bianca looking in the mirror. Those type of personal moments are happening alot lately.... McT on drugs, or someone else influencing the writing. Maybe a bit of both :lol: .

The music playing as Zarf transformed into Zoe was fitting and absolutely mesmorizing. Tad and Zach I am like Tad STFU..... this is hard for Zach to deal with he doesn't need you ripping him to shreds. The scenes between Zach and Kendall Monday are going to rock. I like the Ryan/Annie/Emma dynamic. I like Ryan and Annie and Emma is just so adorable. I swear Lucy Merriam would win the emmy for Child actor if there was such an award. I love her.

The wildwing gang New Years party for Kathy was fun. Del was funny but what is his point? He's such an idiot. Di was looking great today.

I see Babe has bangs in the previews..... interesting.

Oh and one more thing. I am not ashamed to say I love Zarf/Zoe. I think the story has been written wonderfully so far and yes Zarf is eccentirc with his aura talk and what not. But ever scene with Bianca has had heart and he's peeld his crazy exterior to reveal a troubled soul. I love it.

• Members

You bet I am swinging axes and I am not even gay! What's next Jr is not Adam's?

So Binks should be with a man? Yeah I thought Olga was too old too but at least she was a woman. This whole storyline to me is all about putting Bianca with a male. Male actor that is. Even though Bianca has said she is a lesbian not bisexual. I don't even really care who sleeps with who but I am sick of the character destruction. Tad kills a man, Dixie gives up her kid, Kendall thinks about abortion, Ericia loves her aborted fetus. Total character destruction in my eyes. People make choices we don't like that is part of life. But I hate when these previous storylines are treated as like they are retroactive: kind of like Bianca's lesbianism. Its lazy stupid writing and it insults those of us who have been watching for a long time. I know some people don't like that Binks was made a lesbian but she was and that is her character. Not bisexual but gay. The writers seem to want to change that now and to me that is just cowardice but then lately that is what I have to come to expect from ABCD. Like I said the ratings will tell the story. I am currently watching DAY's more. Even though AMC is the soap I grew up with. Third from the bottom ratings wise says alot.

• Members

OMG Canfan - are you me?

Both your posts seemed to come directly from my brain.

Of course, you aren't me; so let me introduce myself to the thread and state my qualifications to expound on the topic at hand.

I am a lesbian. (mumble-age) Old enough to have many laps around the block - not yet too old for Frons to write off as a nursing home Y&R viewer.

I have had many close transgendered friends. I have kissed one or two (nope. Not attracted.) I have lain tipsy on the floor and belted out Carpenter lyrics with them. I have gone on vacation with them.

And I can say this: The Zoe's transition is completely unrealistic, but well portrayed by Jeffery. But the story is complete and utter bullsh*t nonetheless.

Still ... Jeff looks nice in a dress and is a compelling TG physically. Very realistic looking.

As for Bianca? This is pure character destruction. What they had her say the other day about her not being attracted to bodies per se ... just souls (exsqueeze me?! jerks!) - and what she said today about being attracted and dating Zarf? So offensive, I cannot even begin to express my ... well, I just am so numbed by that HACK McTavish that I have no rage left. I am disappointed that this is what middle America will see lesbians as like.

Oh, and I want to kick GLAAD's collective *ss for helping them with the proper pronouns ... but throwing logic and Bianca under the bus. Fools.

I hate Zoe being referred to as a lesbian in the press. Zoe is a she, a transgendered she. Many are attracted to women (just like they were when they were male.) But the ain't lesbians. Their brains are different (growing, as they did, in the testosterone bath). I feel comfortable thinking of my friends as females who are not women (or lesbians.) The late estrogen helps a lot ... and the surgery helps more. Anything that makes them more comfortable in their bodies and being who they are deserves applause. I am fully supportive.

I'll stop rambling now.

• Members

I cant explain it but I see something in their scenes and they intrigue me. Is Bianca possibly falling for a transgendered person that different from a straight person doing the same thing? That does happen in the real world. I just saw a story on Maury this morning about that. The line the guy said about that was "love knows no gender" I think thats what AMC might be going for. I dont even think Bianca and Zarf will actually be a couple. I think he will be in love with her and she will have feelings, but wont be able to recipricate the same ones.

• Members

As for Olga being "too old" I call BS. She was hot. And .... just preternaturally hot. And tall, dark, and lovely. When I was Bianca's age, I used to dream of and hit on women like that. When I was Lena's age, younger women used to hit on me. And now? Um .... well, after 40 ... it's occasional! Of course, Bink has Kane/Monty moneybanks ... and kane/Monty libido to match, I hope. :-D

• Members

its not simply her age that made her too old; it was her experience that aged her as well. Bianca was young, naive and very inexperienced. For her first real relationship on the show, I think they should have done it with someone closer to her level. I thought Lena was too worldy and experienced for Bianca. That always made her seem like she was robbing the cradle to me, especially with the way Bianca was written

Archived