AMC: Friday

• Members

I'm not really liking how Bianca is questioning her sexuality already, even though it makes a little sense...but Kendall is so funny and I'm loving her today. Loved how she said BARF! The scenes where Zarf is dressing up and putting on makeup are done well - it's making you want to see what she looks like.

I love Amanda and Del's hate relationship - much like fighting siblings...lol. I'm loving Di/Aiden - they are so hot and I love how they are working together and Aiden is going to save her.

Ryan and Josh are actually good today.

And hey - no Babe, JR, Krystal! lol - that'll make some people happy!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This has been a really good episode so far. I never thought I'd enjoy the Wildwind gang so much. It's like "The Real World." I'm particularly liking how they're all trying to make little Kathy welcomed in the home.

The Zarf stuff with the make-up is so wonderfully done. The music...that flute...it's just getting to me and I wouldn't want it any other way! It reminds me of a movie I saw.

• Members

I totally agree. Kathy was so cute with the entire Wildwind gang - and I like how they all give Del crap. I just love how they are finally giving Julia something worthwhile.

So Bianca said she isn't questioning her sexuality - she's only into women, but something about Zarf draws him to her. Eh, I guess we'll see what happens when Bianca sees Zoe!

That Emma is just SO freakin' cute. I love how she is persistant in staying up until midnight! lol I love that little girl.

Looks like Jonathan is getting his mean streak back - he sure got mad today! lol

• Members

You may be ready to concede her gayness, that gayness that Agnes Nixon imagined, fought for and created for Bianca but I am not. Besides, according to the McTravesty book of Queer, Bianca would be bi-soul-ual, since the body isn't involved in such considerations.

"The thought of being with him excites me."

F u c k you, Megan McTavish, Brian Frons and Julie Hanan Carruthers. That bit of dialogue courtesy of a Gold Star Lesbian Rape Victim. Makes sense, right?

They spend all that dialogue today (post-Maggie talk) going back and forth. Bianca saying she's interested, attracted or "falling" followed quickly by "not exactly" or some other nullifying, cya-ing statement to whatever interest she shows in Zarf. So it adds up to nothing. They want it both ways and they're failing at both. Nothing but making Bianca look wishy-washy and flaky. She's channeling her ex- in the MayBeGay arena. Whatever...it's still f u c k e d up, imo.

Give up everything Bianca is to sell one more loud mouth, self-righteous newbie of McT's. Sacrifice something else, McT. if you can find anything left to sacrifice.

There's so many ways to do this story right, but they just can't frigging help themselves.

I don't think they're putting the two of them together, and/or officially de-day Bianca, but I still find today's dialogue offensive. I think/hope/pray that this is the extent of Bianca's "interest" in Zarf and will be a friend after she's no longer pissed off. Speaking of which...

Thank God for the slap on Monday. Zoe deserves it. For mind games and putting her own needs above others.

Then bring on the genetic-girl-on-girl action. Binky needs but quick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tad is just a weenie. now...nothing more.

Kendall ROCKS! Maggie IS an idiot for cheating on Bianca. Zarf is a creep. Look out for the Kinks, Kendall.

I want to like the WildWind Bunch scenes but I find them too busy sometimes and tend to lose focus on what's occurring.

I am enjoying the show a lot lately, in a lot of ways. The interactions between individuals have greatly improved and have more depth, etc. But the glaring McTisms keep pulling me out of the moment.

• Members

I don't think Bianca has the right to slap Zoe at all. I bet the reason she does it is that she thinks Zarf is faking it just to get in her pants or mocking her somehow. I really don't know much about "coming out", but I'm guessing it's a very hard thing to do and probably even harder if you are coming out as a TG. Personally, I understand why Zarf didn't just tell Bianca. Just about anyone would be suffering from intense fear of rejection under those circumstances. Not just rejection as a sex partner, but as a human being.

I really don't know much about sexual politics, but to me someone like Zoe is a lot more female than male. I'm not saying the physical doesn't matter, but at the same time, if Zarf feels like a lesbian woman, I doubt having sex like hetero couples do is of much interest to her. The idea that hooking up with Zarf makes Bianca less of a lesbian seems a lot more like an opinion than a fact to me.

Moving on, I thought Di's dress was beyond ugly. Also, Jon and his macho posturing was really annoying me. A lot.

• Members

I loved Kinks. Loved Kendall gushing over Binks. Hated Binks gushing over Zarf. No I am not bisexual but he excites me. WTF? This is total crap. Gabriel, Leo, Aidan and Ethan never excited her but Zarf does? BS. Bianca is not bi and has never expressed any interest in any guy until now - but he has a lesbian soul and is transgender. Something the general audience has no clue about it. To me they are making this storyline more about Bianca's confusion and less about Zarf's transformation which is very wrong. I think McTavish is just trying to erase every groundbreaking thing Agnes Nixon every did. It comes across as completely vindictive and is only hurting the characters and driving away the core audience.

Those scenes with Zarf getting ready gave me the creeps. I felt like I was watching Dressed to Kill or something. I would rather they had focused on some characters I was interested in but then I realized there real is'nt any of them still on screen, ie. Brooke, David or Reggie.

Give me a break please from [!@#$%^&*]ing about this show. Zarf is only a ratings gimmick and judging by the ratings it is not working. This story is too complex for this writing staff. They could'nt pull off a simple babyswitch and they are by no means capable of pulling off something as sensitive as this. They are destroying yet another character I care about, Bianca, all in the name of plot. Is'nt it bad enough she tolerates and is nice to Babe, a woman who kept her child from her, but now she is buzzing about some male who likes her. McTavish is a hack and if she is'nt gone before April she will have tarnished almost beyond repair every single character I used to like.

The Tad and Zach dialogue was so bad I literally cringed watching it. I was embarrassed for whoever wrote it and for them having to act it. It was repetitive and juvenile and did nothing to forward the plot. I've read better writing by grade 8 students. I hate bashing the show constantly but it just gives me so much to work with. Especially when I contrast it with Days of our Lives which I watch also. I love the actors on AMC and think most of them are good but the writing is just so bad it is almost unwatchable. I don't think I am alone as the ratings show. They are third from the bottom. Shows like today to me anyway prove why. Destroy the characters you destroy the show. I can't think of anything positive to say except Kinks was glorious. As they almost always are.

• Members

I'm concerned with how the Zarf storyline is being written. So far, he's come off as annoying to me with his zany "aura" talk and his bizarre praise of Babe. I can't blame Bianca for thinking he's dressing as a woman to go out as a joke. The breakdown and dialogue writers have their work cut out for them trying to salvage what McT has come up with, imo.

I did enjoy the flute music while Zarf was transforming into Zoe.

Still don't get why Zach didn't just tell Tad how his mother died when he first hired him. If he wanted to take advantage of Tad's detective skills, why would he waste so much time waiting for Tad to figure it out? He's just lucky the killer hasn't struck again in the meantime.

I loved the Wildwind scenes where everyone was trying to please Kathy. It helped that Jonathan wasn't there. Whenever I see Jonathan ranting about his sister's murder, I want someone, anyone to remind him of all the people he killed!

Still don't like Annie, but Ryan's scenes with Emma are sweet.

My favorite scene today was Bianca talking to the mirror about how she was acting like this is a real date. This is the type of little moment that you usually don't get when McT is headwriter of a show.

Archived