DAYS: Philip has been cast.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not as excited about this as most of you. I like JKJ but never liked him as Philip. I thought even more than Kyle Brandt he didn't look like he could have ever been Victor and Kate's son. I think Days usually does pretty good with most of the core characters making them look okay with their parents, but JKJ makes Philip look like he was adopted. It is funny that all of Kate's children have dark hair, and then she comes along and has a light haired child with a dark haired father.

I was sure hoping they would finally cast with someone who looked he could be their child.

And as to the amputee thing, I hope Hogan continues to address that. He said he would. I just have a feeling that it is going to be whitewashed over, and along with a face transplant Days will find some way to restore Philip's leg. That will be such a cop out.

• Members

I felt that way too until I read this about JKJ, and then the random poll about Louise Sorel, and Eileen Davidson coming back. Knowing that they are having to make budget cuts either for them or for another reason, I feel like it will be awhile before Ashford comes back now. I feel if they bring back another vet at this point it will be Eileen Davidson. Too many fans are saying they want her, and I just feel this regime feels Eileen is more important right now than anyone else. Just a feeling I have.

• Members

I am so very thrilled that Jay is definitely back!

Now I know I'm treading on thin ice with this comment, but I want Phimi! Jay and Farah are so cute together and remember they have a child out there.

The last time I saw Jay on CSI Miami, he played a villian part, not bad, bad, but up to no good and I loved it!

• Members

So Philip is going to have a face transplant and end up with his old face?...

That's some weird crap right there.

Remember when OLTL's Max switched back to his old self after his surgery?

It was more like a wink wink to the audience.

So Philip is going to be a little punk again then? I can't picture this guy playing war hero.

I think Martha and Brandon are above him acting wise.

And no I am not a Shelle fan.

(I find fan bases stupid and super lame.)

If they bring back Chloe sans Brady then maybe I will wet myself.

This guy is just.

eh...whateva to me.

Wasn't he on some surfer show or something...some primetime soap?

I remember seeing a few shows of whatever it was and not being impressed with him on the show...

whatever that show was.

It's good that we won't have to go through another newbie, but I'm not that excited about this news...

more like ho-hum.

I too liked the original Philip.

(Just cause I wanted to do him sideways...but still...that's good enough reason for me to like him best.)

I also liked Philip #3 too.

I liked his big head and his scruffyness to him.

Meow baby.

So what in the heck is the name of this mystery site?

Are you telling me this is another part of the censorship?

It's one of the swear words?

Like you can't even say the word?

What if I accidentally use the word not knowing what the word is?

Like total whatever!

That is so lame.

And it makes me want to know really bad.

• Members

this news makes me very happy..I loved him on Days..and even attempted to watch the dreadful North Shore to see more of him...Can't wait for his return..Damm Brandon, Martha and JKJ..they have quite the triangle there..

And i like the fact that we won't have to get used to another recast..Familarity is a good thing...Especially with losing so many characters recently...

• Members

SOD.com:

Breaking News

Jay Kenneth Johnson

—NBC

Get Your Phil!

Guess DAYS OF OUR LIVES�s Philip won�t need that face transplant after all: Digest can confirm that Jay Kenneth Johnson, who portrayed the role from 1999-2002 is returning to the show. He will report back to the DAYS set next week. Look for him to first air January 12.

Archived