DAYS: Philip has been cast.

• Members

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I cannot wait until January 12!!!!

So wait a minute, Philip won't be getting the face-transplant now? I bet the face-transplant was only for if they were bringing on a new actor. Since JKJ is coming back, the show probably decided to trash the transplant story.

I don't care. I'm just so happy that after 4 years of praying, my dreams have come true. JKJ IS BACK!

I can definitely see JKJ as a dad. Jacob Young is younger than JKJ and is playing a father. I want Hogan to write Philip like a J.R. character, ruthless to the core :D

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, yes, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!

Familiarity!!!

Familiarity!!!

Praise GOD, familiarity!!!!!!!! :wub:

TI4U_u1142273021.jpg <~~~ punk. pipsqueek.

Drew, I think that was just SOD's clever (but likely inaccurate) way of saying "tee hee, it's the same Philip, no need for a transplant." In THE REAL WORLD, however, Philip is identified by Kyle Brandt's features. They'll still do the transplant story, I'd bet. It only makes sense. ESPECIALLY if you weren't watching during JKJ's reign.

• Members

It's true, y'all!!

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

I'm so excited!!! This is such great news!! I told my mom who loved JKJ's dimples that he was coming back and she sounded so happy. She loved her some JKJ Phil!!

I hope his fans who are lapsed viewers, will start watching the show again. Probably not a large contigent, but every little bit helps!!

• Members

I'll be honest, though. It'll be a little nice to see JKJ coming back home to Salem after venturing out elsewhere. It's always nice to get re-acquainted with a familiar face. I can understand why JKJ wants to return though, especially now that Phillip's going to be written with more meat to the character by a writer who actually has awards and capabilities. If Phillip were being written like before, I wouldn't have any problem with JKJ coming back. But with them taking the character in this different direction, eh... I just hope he can pull it off! I have my doubts, but you never know. It WILL be interesting to see him as Phillip again without going on and on about Chloe Lame-O, Chloe Lame-O, Chloe Lame-O. That's all he was about! Chloe, Chloe, Chloe. No wonder I have such lame memories of his time on the show. All I see is BROE VS. PHLOE, BROE VS. PHLOE, BROE VS. PHLOE flashing over and over again in my brain.

Alot of people are pretty happy about this, and he does have his fair share of fans. So, since I'm all for the greater good of the show, I'm willing to accept him back in the role even if I'd prefer something a little different as long as it'll make most viewers happy... even if I'm not really one of them, LoL.

I just really wanted to see this dark new side to Phillip. His face was shredded off at war... disfigured... I really wanted him to go crazy like Leatherface in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre! LoL And JKJ just... *sigh*

Whatever. He's back and I wish him the best of luck, even if this isn't what I wanted. I've not missed him a single day since his departure.

And for those of you who DID like JKJ as Phil, here's a clip of him on YouTube with Chloe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9PgTLnwyqM

• Members

I suppose I am glad to have a familiar face back. I got so used to Phillip as a veteran and somewhat taciturn junior businessman, though, that I'm having a hard time picturing Jay Kenneth Johnson playing what Hogan has said he has in mind. I'll go on the ride, though.

• Members

YES!!! :D

I am so happy it's confirmed.

I think this is good move from the familiarity angle and he does have a good fanbase. It will be nice to see him doing something other then obsessing about Chloe. I think in some ways that dragged him down.

He has found decent work since leaving but I think he is coming back because the role will be much different and it will much more meaty, adult material to play. I always loved how he resembled Lauren and John and I just always loved his look.

I do think the face transplant is still happening. It was probably just SOD's little way of teasing.

I know JKJ has the talent to pull this off but I hope he works with his look at bit like I mentioned in my previous post. He does need to bulk up a bit because he was not built quite large, even during his time on North Shore.

Archived