DAYS: Philip has been cast.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve I don't get what you are against. They are not playing it like Philip is going to look familiar to his loved ones. He is getting a new face. Just because the fans will be familiar with him doesn't mean the characters will. They are writing it like he has a new face so why should they not have that line? It's part of the story. I don't care if it's JKJ. The fans know he is familiar but that is not the story. The story is he is getting a new face so I don't get what you are arguing about.

Oh and Drew, I am glad you brought that up from AW. That is exactly what I was thinking about the other day when this news broke.

• Members

PR I am not arguing about anything. It was about a remark that Victor made very pointedly. It may have meant to be sarcastic but was not said that way. I was simply pointing out that it was a stupid remark regarding the fact that an old performer was coming back. It was the way Victor said it that made it stupid. And was a very poor choice of words.

And there is not problem with a show doing that, and when AW did it with bringing back Ellen Wheeler I didn't have a problem with it. I don't have a problem with Days doing it. I just pointed out that the line was stupid.

I think I will just go back to not commenting at all. You can't say anything except positive about Days these days without getting jumped on. It is just not worth it.

• Members

I thought the line was stupid, too Steve. Unnecessary totally. Since face transplants are not even being done yet (only experimentally still) I have a question. It would seem to me that the skin would conform to the bone structure of the receipent and the only change in appearance would be skin tone and maybe the shape of the nose, so there wouldn't be much of a real change in the original appearance of the receipent.

Apparently JKJ is smaller in frame than Kyle was but his being very ill can explain his physical stature changing.

• Members

I was just thinking about this today but what about an Abby/Phillip pairing down the line, after Abby becomes a little more mature and has her first fling with Max? It would be kind of interesting to see sweet, innocent Abby paired with a dark, brooding Phillip, doncha think?

I'm thinking maybe a year or 2 from now... Well, given Sheffer's quick storytelling, maybe 9 months from now....

• Members

Oh don't stop commenting. I just don't see your point.

First off, while the fans are going to be familiar with JKJ and his face, the characters will not. The characters know the face of Brandt's Philip as he was the last Philip. Even though JKJ previously played the role, the character is getting a new face as far as the characters are concerned. That is what I was trying to say to you and that is why I don't what the problem is with the line since the character of Philip is going to be unrecognizable to the characters even if he is a familiar face to the audience.

Plus, even if it were an issue which I don't see it to be, Days may have not known they were getting JKJ as the news just broke.

That is what I was saying Steve. Again, don't be discouraged. I wasn't really jumping on you but I just don't see what your issue was with the line in the context of the story. That was all.

• Members

:rolleyes: seriously ...

The point of a message board is to debate and discuss different opinions and points of view. I'm sorry you cannot handle that without threatening to not post because two people, with PR being very nice and tactful even, disagreed with you.

• Members

THERE WAS NOT AN ISSUE WITH ANYTHING. HOW CAN I MAKE THAT CLEAR.

I simply said the line was stupid. It was STUPID. Can a person not think a line is stupid (and it was) without having an issue.

That is why I don't understand what the big deal is. Even DFJ said the line was stupid.

I said point blank in the very first line that in light of this news it made Victor's statement sound stupid. And I pointed out why I thought it was stupid. I said nowhere in that post that I had an issue with it. The only problems that I have with JKJ being brought back I have already explained. They were the same as when he was cast as Philip before. He makes it look like Philip was adopted by Kate and Victor. I was just hoping they would go with someone who looked more like them this time around. That is all.

And Drew I know what the purpose of a messageboard is. I am very familiar with that. But this is getting old with Days threads. That is why I said what I said. Not everything about the show even though it is better is going to be accepted by everyone. There is no reason for anyone to take offense at anything a person says that is not positive about the show, and that is just the way it is these days. The only thing you can talk negative about with most fans is Willow, and get away with it. It just gets old.

Any other show on the air, you can say something negative about, and not get attacked for it. But not with Days.

• Members

I never said one must post only positive things about Days, or that everything must be accepted as great by fans watching. Perhaps before you start putting any more words into my mouth, you can go back through my posts and find where I've said that, and quote it. I'd eagerly wait a response on that one.

You said you didn't like the face transplant line because now JKJ is coming back. I countered with us not knowing they're cancelling the face transplant. Then, you blew this up into an argument which it never was before in the Thursday thread saying I was always harassing you because you had an opinion. And I don't know which board you've been frequenting all this time if you didn't think that was going to get my back up ...

I'm happy, unlike alot of others here, you have your own mind. But, I didn't start this and neither did PhoneixRising. The "big deal" stemmed from

and

• Members

I can't believe this. HOw in the world did a simple statement turn into this. Once again Drew I did not say I did not like the line or that I had an issue with it or that I did not like JKJ coming back. I was simply stating an opinion about a line being stupid.

Also I did not say that you said anything in connection to you about positive things. That was a general statement in regards to posts these days. I did not say you were guilty of doing it. I did not call any names in regards to that.

The only names I even called were PR to say that I was not arguing about anything, and I apologized to you for having an opinion. And I explained why I did that in the other thread.

As I said this is getting ridiculous, and my comment about not commenting was a general statement in regards to the general mood of Days threads these days. And that is all.

As to Days yes I have some problems about where Days is going. I am not happy about that, but I am giving the show a chance and trying too. But I don't see everything as great. I am happy that the show is better, but I do have serious problems with several things. JKJ coming back is not one of them. I am glad in many ways they are going with a familiar face - Lord knows they need it. My only problems with it are that as I said he looks nothing like Victor or Kate but I said that when he played Philip before.

As I said I commented on a line and that was all that was meant by it. I never dreamed that it would turn into an issue. But of course as usual these days in the Days threads it does. It is sad that you cannot make a comment about something and it not turn into an issue. When I quit posting in the Days threads, and stuck to the other shows SON was a happier place for me to come to. That is why I said I was not not commenting in the Days threads anymore. And that is why this is my last one. And I hope that makes everyone as happy as it does me.

• Members

Steve, nowhere was I being rude or not accepting of your opinion. I simply stated in a polite and respectful manner my confusion with what you found stupid about the line. That was all.

There are several posters that don't always post positive about Days and are very critical. I see very little of people jumping all over other posters so I don't see what you are seeing but if you want to stop posting in Days threads that is your choice. I think that is kind of extreme since no one in this thread really did anything disrespectful but if you see it that way then whatever.

• Members

What I don't understand is, if someone does not like the show and constantly keeps complaining and really doesn't even watch, why come into a discussion about the show and do nothing but gripe? It makes no sense. I can understand if someone was watching everyday or on some kind of regular basis and had some issues with some of the things they're doing, but to always enter a thread and b!tch and moan? It's not worth it.

• Members

SteveFrame, I see what you are saying but it is possible this was taped before JKJ was actually cast. If that is the case how was DAYS suppose to change the line. Plus I just see it as making Victor be all dramatic and eerie saying what he said. Steve your opinion matters, its a board to debate.

And for those that are looking for a realistic looking face transplant, ummm its a soap opera and it ain't happening.

• Members

I'm going to have to say that I agree with Bree. Steve, no offense to you, but if you don't watch DAYS, which you have made clear on SEVERAL accounts, why come onto the boards and discuss it? You threaten to not comment anymore. What does that do? Fine, don't comment. It's not really going to affect the rest of us DAYS fans.

I've read all of the posts in this thread concerning this little argument and nowhere were Phoenix and Drew being disrespectful to you Steve. They weren't being rude. You gave your opinion on the stupid line and they gave their opinion on your opinion. That's what the message boards are for.

Deal with it.

Archived