AMC: Wendy Williams dishes about the show

• Members

I was just listening to Wendy Williams on the radio and she started talking about AMC. She said that hte show will introduce a transgender character who will undergo the transformation from a man into a woman. Supposedly, there's supposed to be a kiss between the character and Bianca and teh story kicks off on Thursday. WTF?! I havent watched AMC in a month. What is going on

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have seen stories about this on cnn.com. I am paraphrasing because I read it really fast, but Zarf is going to be attracted to Binks, kiss her and realize that he wants to be a woman. So they are going to go through the whole transformation.

Remember on the City, they had Azure? She had already gone through the change. She was a man, now she was a woman.

• Members

The idea to bring on a transgender character would be brilliant, if handled properly.

The fact that they're going to try to sell it as a male becoming a woman so he can be a lesbian= not handling it properly.

It is what it is- a creative way of putting Bianca in a lesbian relationship without having to pair her with someone of the same sex. It's insulting. But it follows the pattern developed by McT & Frons for Binks.

This show is over. They're so out of touch, it's not even funny.

• Members

AMC is getting exactly what they wanted with this trangender crap. The show is being talked about in the media and everyone is talking about it. TTIC know this show is sunk and is only doing this for hype. This transgender story sounds like crap and I won't watch one second of this idiot Zarf. Didn't like him last summer, and won't like him now that he's going to become a woman.

• Members

I think the problem some "AMC" fans are having with this, me included, is they're bringing in a new "odd" character in order to get a media storm to get ratings...while they're not really working to fix the real problems that are plaguing the show: bad writing, ruining of history, of potential, of characters, of couples with that bad writing and plotting, firing of vets with a storm of newbies coming in, etc...

It's like a cheap trick/gimmick. I hope AMC does the story well and I hope they repair the entire show and stop screwing up everything with the bad writing, bad plotting of stories, bad plotting period/bad-ideas that they come up with - with such incredible ease.

Archived