AMC: Wendy Williams dishes about the show

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From about.com:

AMC adds transgender character to cast

Jeffrey Carlson (Zarf) returns on Thursday, November 30, 2006 as a transgender character. Carlson’s character is a flamboyant rock star that will begin to make the transition from a man into a woman.

All My Children has always been on the cutting edge of the day’s socially relevant topics and this will be the first time on daytime TV that a transgendered role is added to the cast.

Zarf was born a male and is desperate to become a female. The character will connect with Bianca, but it will take almost a month to come out.

Transgenders were consulted to insure “Zarf’s” transition to “Zoe” would be as true to life as possible. Zoe will be dressed in female attire and the surgery question will be shared.

This will be Carlson’s first time playing a transgendered character.

• Members

Thanks for posting! So I like they are giving her a female name Zoe - I like it. And c'mon people - Zarf may be a weird name, but s/he is a flamboyant rock star - what do you expect? I just can't believe some people are going to tune out bc of a name only. Whatever.

Anyway I read Daniel Coleridge's TV Guide interview with Jeffrey Carlson and he mentioned that he will be dressing like a woman and the makeup department is doing a great job with it all....and they'll do the entire story justice up to the decision of surgery, and if it goes over well with viewers, they'll go with the surgery procedure he said.

Archived