In The Zone w/ Ryan Chandler and Na'Vell in 2006

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In response to Roman being the only Brady that's not been targeted by the DiMeras, I think that's more of an unintentional coincidence than a clue to anything, LoL. There's no way that JER, Sally Sussman Morina, Tom Langan, Brash/Cwikly and now Hogan Sheffer have all had the same idea of "Roman is safe... why?" as a story clue to something. It's an interesting observation, but I wouldn't read much into it.

Besides, HAS Roman really never been targeted? I don't think so. Didn't Stefano shoot him on the beach back in the 80's?

As for John getting the death card and whatnot, he might not be a Brady, but he IS an enemy of the DiMeras. He's a thorn in their side for always trying to bring them down... making him more of a nuisance than Roman.

• Members

Ugh, I'm so sick of the toying with John's identity. One minute he's Roman, then he's John, but really Forrest... then he's Stefano's son, then he's not... one minute he's a priest, then we learn he was never a priest to begin with...then he's an art thief with Princess Gina... and now Roman again? No. His identity has been flip-flopped so much, especially in recent years, that ANYTHING the writers come up with is going to be incredibly anti-climactic and annoying. Nobody's going to buy that any changes will stick or be the real deal.

Involving Alex North would be a huge mistake, too. If he's the real Roman, why wouldn't Marlena have said, "Hey, Alex, you look just like Roman. But wait, the real Roman is across town... and he looks totally different from you." Wouldn't make sense.

The entire thing is a completely knotted mess.

Archived