The Black Donnellys: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Administrator

THE BLACK DONNELLYS - Episode Information and Ratings (If Final National Ratings are not available, I will use Fast National Ratings; Numbers are from Mediaweek/Nielsen Media Research)

Episode 1.1: "Pilot"

Air Date: February 26, 2007

Written By: Paul Haggis & Robert Moresco

Directed By: Paul Haggis

Viewers: 7.93 million

18-49: 3.2/8

Episode 1.2: "A Stone of The Heart"

Air Date: March 5, 2007

Written By: Kim Clements & Paul Haggis

Directed By: Paul Haggis

Viewers: 6.88 million

18-49: 2.9/8

Episode 1.3: "The World Will Break Your Heart"

Air Date: March 12, 2007

Teleplay By: Kim Clements

Story By: Bob Lowry

Directed By: Deran Sarafian

Viewers: 6.53 million

18-49: 2.5/7

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Studio 60 just scored its lowest demos yet this past monday, i actually gave up on the show a few weeks ago...Amanda Peet was really the only one i liked anymore...I'm looking forward to the Black Donnoleys..i hope it will be able to hold more of NBC's younger demo....

• Members

studio 60 is going off the air for an uncertain amount of time, in order for the black donnoleys to air...but with how low Studio 60's ratings have gotten, i don't see it coming back..at least not in that timeslot...maybe they will burn off the episodes on another night or during the summer..

• Members

The first ten minutes really sucked. The narration was really bad. It made up for it by the middle and end though. Thank God that narration slowed down.

Production value is great.

It really had a hard time making me care for Sean and Jimmy. I basically really didn't care much for them so I didn't really care what happened to them.

• Members

Actually there's been lots of commercials all over NBC. I think on last week's Heroes, there was one every break. :D

I am very excited about tonight. I haven't seen the final pilot yet, so it'll be fun and interesting to try and spot the changes.

But next week is the big week though for me. I hope they keep up the excellence they have in the pilot.

• Members

i think NBC did a great job promoting this show, i saw tons of promos..Even during Days...I agree with King, the first 10 minutes i was really confused...But by the middle of the episode when Jimmy killed the italian, i started to get invested...and i loved the ending..I'll be watching next week...Hopefully lots of people watched...NBC deserves another hit..

Archived