My mom died....

BingCherry

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I lost my maternal grandmother back in June. It's no easy ride to lose someone so close and so dear to you. My mother had a really rough time, along with her brother. It was very unexpected but due to my grandmother's continually decreasing health, it was also kind of expected.

At times, you'll want to just fall asleep and never wake up. But there are also times that outnumber the bad times where you find yourself remembering the most precious memories you have of that person and you'll be so overwhelmed, just thanking God for all those memories and for Him giving you someone like that in your life.

My heart goes out to you. And my prayers.

• Members

Bing, coming from one who just lost his mother, I just honestly don't know what to say. I know exactly what you are going through right now, and my heart goes out to you. You will hear a thousand times that time will make it better. I know when my Dad died 7 years ago, I heard that then too. All I can tell is that time doesn't take it away, but after awhile you will be able to remember her and not hurt. I am still not there with Mom. Right now even the good memories hurt. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take the time you need to grieve, and just know we are here when you need your SON friends.

• Members

There are no words I could possibly come up with to make your pain any less severe or devastating. My mother is my world to me -- I can't imagine my life without her in it for even a day. I can only imagine the pain you must be going through, and only just imagining it, the pain seems unbearable.

I'll pray for you and your family!

• Members

I just want you all to know how truly grateful I am for the well wishes and the prayers. You guys have truly helped. Things are better today; I'm finishing the funeral arrangements. Still miss her, but I know things will be better. I'll talk more later, but until then I love you all.

-Casey

• Members

Well, once again thanks to everyone who's posted. Well, the funeral is on Saturday and I'm pretty nervous about it. Invitations have gone out and everything. My aunt should be coming over any minute now; she's staying with me and my roomies for a few weeks to make sure I don't lose my mind. That's family for ya. :) Hopefully this experience is going to be for the better because I feel like even though she may not be with me, I feel her spirit already. We may have not had the best of relationships when I was an pre-teen, I feel like our relationship was at the right place when she went away: perfect. Thanks and I'll talk more later.

-Casey

Archived