ER: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Members

Well the show is about to start in like 20 minutes here, so yay! :D

But I still can't believe that our TV network gave the show the dumbest time slut EVER! It's not primetime.. no, no.. E.R. is airing in daytime here! Yup, it starts at 2PM here now... that's such a crap... but oh well..

To tell you the truth, I actually doubted Goran could do it too! But I will believe you when you say that he is actually saving the show along with Abby! :D

Is 13th season his last season? I think I read somewhere that he said he's leaving...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow that sucks Manny :( . ER has the 10:00 slot in Thursdays in primetime here.

In regards to Goran, both him and Maura Tierney have contracts up I beleive. ER is renewed for a 14th season so there are rumors if the show is going to end next year that both will stay on for the final year. However, this was before the the show improved so who knows. I remember hearing/reading in interviews that Goran and Maura said it depended on how this year played out. Maura, in particular, was pulling for a certain story regarding her character to happen but I am not sure it will. Goran has a huge story coming up in season 13 in addition to his story with Abby that should last for several shows.

I really hope both of them stay. They have become the staple couple and the show is finally stabilized after all the exits and the cast just works so well together now. I would hate to have to see the show undergo another round of changes just when it is clicking again. If Luka and Abby leave, I would rather see ER go off then try to go on without them.

• Members

I guess I am going to be doing this every week due to my growing love for the show again :lol: . I just see most other shows are discussed so why not ER-it's not dead :lol: .

Todays's show was great. I just loved the pace and how it kept skipping ahead in time. I knew they would do that because they need to get us to present time for next week.

I loved John Stamos and thought he fit in well. I am not sure I like him and Neela or the idea of a Gates/Neela/Ray triangle but I will watch it play out and see. They do need to do something with Shane West's Ray because he is being wasted. I also like the beginning of what seems like a alcoholism story with Neela. She has a habit of getting drunk when upset so this makes sense and I love the actress so I like this.

I was surprised the Sam stuff got handled that quick. I forgot about that rich guy who she was helping from last season. I knew she wasn't leaving so I knew she would get out of it but that quick and easy stunned me. It is clear Alex is going to have issues now because of this, which is good because there has to be some repercussions instead of it being dropped. I think Sam may be pregnant though.

Abby and Luka were the highlight again. I just love Goran and Maura together and Sally Field was great. I like how Maggie played a role in saving baby Joe's life. Those nurses annoyed me-if not for Maggie that baby would've died or had even more issues. That scene with Maura and Maggie watching in the OR was real good. There was a major change in the Abby character in this episode. She went from the tough-skinned woman we all know to the loving mother we saw in the final scene. All her fears went away and I love that.

Morris was hilarious and I have really grown to love him :lol: .

The big shocker of the night was Weaver doing the right thing and not saving her ass. I thought for sure based on the finale that Luka would get screwed but Kerry took her lie back and saved him. I always knew she liked Abby because she helped deliver her baby but big wow for Weaver. I am glad she is back in the ER though-she will shake things up.

Did not like the party scenes at the end-a little to Grey's Anatomy for me but I like the way this small cast works together so it's cool.

Next week looks good with Stamos's first week in the ER...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow...tonight's show was amazing.

I liked how they showed the Ames case from both POV and Goren gave a great performance. Forest Whittaker may take an emmy home in the guest category for this or at least get a nod. He was great. I also loved Abby being back and I am enjoying the Neela, Gates, and Pratt stories. Ray and the new surgical intern intrigues me.

I am bummed no new episode next week but they are re-running this year's season premiere so I hope those that abandoned ER will watch that and return to watching. The show is on such a high right now and tonight's show got alot of buzz with Whittaker. The show as a whole has gotten alot of buss with several mags and media outlets saying that ER has had a creative resurgence and that it is thanks to a solidifying of the current cast led by Abby and Luka, who are being called the show's "heart and soul" now. NBC is so happy and have given similar praise. I read they are so happy they are not giving "The Black Donnelly's' ER's time slot and there will be no hiatus for ER. It will run like a normal season and NBC is discussing expanding the season from 22 shows to maybe as high as 25. ER is up in almost everything vs last year and NBC is very happy. I have not been this excited about this shows in years and I am so happy for it.

I wish there was some way Maura Tierney at the least could score a emmy nod. She has been underrated for almost her whole run and this year and last she has had some excellent material.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Haven't commented on ER in awhile but this season has rocked!!!

Tonight's episode with the primary focus on Abby (which is what I have wanted for years because she is my favorite character) was fantastic. It showed growth in her and I just love the whole cast (minus Neela/Gates and Morris) was together pretty much on Thanksgiving.

Can't wait for next week when the Ames stuff heats up. NBC extended the season but I heard they are still keeping what was meant to be the cliffhanger show in December in place so there is going to be something huge happening in December before Christmas :)

• Members

Haven't seen ER in ages(and sorry if this was posted in an earlier part of the thread), but did they shorten the opening titles permanently?! It also sounds like they use different theme music as well.

One of the best things about ER was that opening theme, even if it is over ten years old.

• Members

Yeah they shortened it to devote more time to story because instead of starting at 9:59 PM like they used to they start at 10:02 because whoever the lead in is (Deal or No Deal or 30 Rock) goes until that time because ER wants any GA viewers that watch to be able to see the whole show.

I hate they shortened it but I understand why.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OMG EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

@

McCreamy.....7.gif

The rest of the episode was really good, I'm getting tired of the story involving Forest Whitaker though......

I didn't like the character of Dr. Archie Morris (Scott Grimes) when he first started on the show, but now he's one of my favorites. He's also Camryn Grimes (Cassie Y&R) Uncle....

Archived