ER: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I know it could survive but it would be missing a dynamic that it took them so long to find. After Edwards left, the show lost it's heart. It was hard to invest in anyone but Carter. They never could successfuly pair Carter with anyone on the cnavas so they never could find something for the audience to emotionally inverst in. Finally, when they reunited Luka and Abby last year, they found it. It was their story that ledt to ER's resurgence. Last year's finale gave us a Luka/Abby cliffhanger and that is why that episode and this year's early episodes did well. People cared. They care for Luka and Abby because here are two characters who have been here for 7-8 years and have finally found a way to be together. They were two losts souls. The fans witnessed their journey together, then apart, and now together again. That is why this Ames story was big and why Thursday's episode was edge of your seat. The show's heart and soul was on the line.

If Goran leaves, the show will go on but the dynamic that Luka and Abby give the show will be gone. It will be like what happened with Carter. People will only care about Abby and that isn't enough.

• Members

No. Not that I remember. I think ER used translations for the Africa episodes and things like that. Luka doesn't talk much in Croation. I think the only recent things close to saying something in Croation was when he mentioned the names of his wife and kids back on the Christmas show. I don't even remember the last time Luka used Croation so it must be a long time ago.

Oh, Manny, I was wondering if you knew ER was coming to Croatia in May to film at least an episode. Goran mentioned it on Conan O' Brien's show last week. The whole cast and crew is coming and he was excited about it. Maybe they will use translations for that episode since they will be down there and all.

• Members

REALLY?! OMG! :o I heard nothing about this! When did he say this? If this is true, I'm sure we will hear something about it, cause it is going to be HUGE!

I know that the actress that plays Abby (the name escapes me now..) came to Croatia last summer with Goran and that was in all the papers, but it was just for a vacation. She came with Goran and his wife to visit our beautiful coast.. :D :D

I will look around to see about the filming in Croatia and if I find out something I will keep you posted! :D

Wow, you got me so excited now! :D

• Members

He said it last week on Late Night with Conen O' Brien. There are probably clips on Youtube somewhere.

It had been rumored for awhile but he confirmed it. Right now, it sounds like one episode but it could be more. Goran said they would be filiming in May and are scouting out locations now. Some thought that the Luka/Abby wedding may be done there but I am thinking it will be the honeymoon since they would be filming the first two episodes of season 14 in May as they always film the first two episodes of the new season before the summer.

Goran said that the whole cast and crew was coming so it should be good.

• Members

He said it last week on Late Night with Conen O' Brien. There are probably clips on Youtube somewhere.

It had been rumored for awhile but he confirmed it. Right now, it sounds like one episode but it could be more. Goran said they would be filiming in May and are scouting out locations now. Some thought that the Luka/Abby wedding may be done there but I am thinking it will be the honeymoon since they would be filming the first two episodes of season 14 in May as they always film the first two episodes of the new season before the summer.

Goran said that the whole cast and crew was coming so it should be good.

• Members

That would be amazing...

But I'm sure they would tape it somewhere on coast.. Dubrovnik probably... Or Sibenik, the city where Goran comes from (and the character of Luka as well)...

I live in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia and I doubt they will come to tape here, since it's in the inside of the country... But if this really happens, I will find a way to visit that place where the film it.. :D

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Here is some big ER casting news that i found at TV Guide.com, i think he is just what ER needed....

Stanley Tucci may have lost 3 LBS, but he's back in scrubs for a

multi-episode ER arc starting later this season and carrying over into next. TV Guide has learned that the acclaimed actor will be playing Kevin Moretti, "a brilliant ICU turned ER chief," so expect some changes at County General — big ones. And where does that put Kovac? And Goran Visnjic? The shake-up starts May 10.

• Members

Heard that Kev. Based on what I know, it seems like we are leading to an exit arc for someone (I think you can pretty much guess). I hope not but this nearly cements it for me.

Some other thinfs...ER returns on April 12 and the May 3 episode is HUGE for long time fans. Some will wonder what is going on after the April 26 episode (which features an ending that will leave fans wondering WTH?) but it will be answered in the May 3 episode. It's something ER has never done but it is necessary considering what they are doing.

I think the Croatia trip will not in storyline until next year's first two episodes but I may be wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Glad to see others talking about ER. I thought I was the only fan on here :lol: .

I knew about the Ray thing as I always read spoilers. Have no fear. It may not be over yet ;) . I have a feeling if Shane's pilot doesn't succeed he may be back. The Neela/Ray stuff was sad.

This finale was downer compared to last year. To me, they should've ended the season on the Luka/Abby wedding because that ending with Ray getting hit would've made a great season ending surprise. Plus, that episode was amazing. The past two episodes felt too much like season premieres to me. Gates sucks, except around Sarah who seems to be gone now so now I despise Gates. I just knew the damn cliffhanger this year would be about him. That ending was pretty good though.

I LOVE Tucci. ER could really build around him. I did think his last line to Abby was uncalled for. I like him and his interactions with the staff.

I hated how they had Luka exit early in the episode. I know he will be back next season on and off but it still was lame having him leave so early in the finale.

Ok finale. I look forward to next year. The past two season have been good and I am hopeful that Tucci will make next year solid.

Archived