ER: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was worried ER couldn't keep up the pace of the incredible season finale and boy did it.

Goran and Maura were superb as Luka and Abby. When Abby forced him to go with the baby and then broke down when he left, I teared up. Luka's breakdown at the end was great. Great acting and great scenes. Loved the use of Kerry in the NICU. Kerry has been there with her child so it was good for her to bring that up.

Loved seeing Neela save Jerry. I really thought he would die but I am glad he didn't. I actually like Morris and Pratt now which is shocking because I used to hate them both.

I love how the show started with that awesome song from the finale again and seeing all the damage to the ER was a nice place to pick up. Seems the intro is short now and they don't show the cast in it anymore. I actually like that-gives more time in the show for action instead of showing the actors and characters.

The end totally shocked me. Linda Cardellani did really well and I had no idea she was going to kill Steve but he deserved it for all he did.

Great premiere-next week looks awesome with Sally Field and John Stamos. I am relieved Jerry and Abby survived. I hope Baby Joe makes it :( .

• Members

I thought it was pretty good. The Luka/Abby stuff was heartbreaking. I thought forsure someone was going to die when they were doing that montage when they were operating on Jerry and Abby. When Jerry pulled through, I thought that the baby wasn't going to make it. Hopefully the baby will live after Abby ended up having to get a hysterectomy. Luka was great in this episode. And I am glad Sam shot Steve. He deserved it.

• Members

Oh, I missed it and forgot to set the VCR. We had a hamburger date at 9 tonight so I was excited about that as we've not had a late "date" in a long while heehee. Thanks for the updates and I'll try to remember next week....it's after Celebrity Duets, but I'll have to change the channel.

• Members

I hope the baby lives too, I don't want to see another character loose their child; it made me remember what happened when Carter's baby died.... :(

Steve did deserve what he got in the end, it's obvious that the only way Sam could keep her and her child safe was for Steve to die.

• Members

Amazing episode....the ending with Sam shooting her ex was shocking..But she needed to do that...The birth was well done, and i teared up when luka had his breakdown in the bathroom..

Also i'm glad Jerry didn't die, there has been enough death on ER lately..and his mother was a riot..She also played Jerry's mom on Seinfeld..Hillarious..

Can't wait for Sally Field and John Stamos..

• Members

It was a chilling episode! Great way to pick up what happend in the finale!

Luka and Abby were fantastic, I thought the baby was dead during the birth and then the video... so sweet. I thought it was a good (not GOOD, but good) way to do it without killing cast members. Abby being unable to have another child. It's a loss to know that for any person and it's a death in it's own way.

Jerry's mom was funnily annoying.

Sam's story was the shocking one. I figured she'd run and he'd shoot her and she'd be injured. I loved that she shot him the first chance she could. She's a mom and she showed it to the core. Well done by Linda Cardellini.

• Members

I don't know what it is but something changed midway through last year. Maybe it was Luka/Abby getting together and giving the show a heart and soul couple back. The show seemed to turn around when Abby learned she was pregnant. Since then, I have enjoyed everyhing but the Africa and war stuff which they vowed they are done with. The finale was like an alert that ER is back and the premiere followed up bu not disappointing. Next week sounds incredibly emotional and the acting looks phenomanal. I think once the words spreads the ratings will improve although the ratings aren't even bad. No Without a Trace against it does help.

I just love Sally Field and John Stamos so I am excited. Forest Whitaker is also joining the cast later this year. I also like the fact that ER is focusing on a smaller cast again with other characters, like Clemente last year, moving in and out. All they have now is Luka, Abby, Sam, Kerry, Morris, Ray, Neela, and Pratt in the credits and now they have Stamos. Jerry and Frank and the nurses are like recurring so the cast is small like the early days which I just love. It helps keep focus. Everything I have read in spoilers for this season sounds AMAZING. I am so happy because I used to love this show and it was dying and sicne midway through last year and especially the finale it has been fantastic. :)

• Members

Wow, I just saw the beginning of the episode on YouTube and I saw that they didn't show the complete opening credits, but when they did list the actors, Goran Visnjic was listed first! Wow! We Croatians should be proud! This has got the be the first time in history that Croatian character and Croatian actor are leading some US show! Wow! That's great!

In Croatia, season 12 premiers tomorrow! :D

• Members

It is great Manny. Goran's name began being listed first in season 12 so you should start seeing him as the lead along with Maura Tierney. Many people doubted Goran could carry the show. It wasn't because he was Croatian but because many felt he didn't have alot of range. Boy, were they wrong. Luka is probably the most interesting character on ER along with Abby. They both have so many layers to them and we seen that displayed in the premiere. That is why they make such a great couple. Luka and Abby are saving ER IMO.

Maura Tierney should have at least an emmy nod for her work the last few years. I hope Goran and her goet recognized for this week's episode and even next week's, which looks amazing. Hell, Linda Cardelleni deserves recgonition for her work in the finale and in the premiere. I just can't get over the turnaround. The show was never horrible but it has been slowly improving since last December and now it's just amazing to watch.

Archived