ER: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Members

I would love for some older characters to return like Deb, or that guy that called Kerry a lesbian [!@#$%^&*] because she fired him for something that was her fault. and that old nurse who got married on the show. Why did they get rid of Susan i loved her....they should bring back some characters. But this season has been awsome.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tylerbo...Laura Innes has a contract where she only appears in 11 episodes a year. She is in next week's episode too and I think that makes 11. Innes is a director on the show as well. No one really knows but I do think it's safe to say she is done for this season due to her contract as she will be directing the rest of the season.

I have known for awhile about Kerry so I wasn't shocked but I'm not sure she is gone for good but I wouldn't be surprised. Kerry has had nothing to do in years. The only reason why I think we may be back is because she is still directing but it's up to her.

Normally, I would hate her leaving but this season of ER has been AMAZING. This cast right now has gelled really well and they work well as a unit, like you saw at the end when they all stood there watching Kerry leave.

Last night was really good and wait to you all see the next two episodes that air on Jan 11 and Jan 25 (Jan 18 is a repeat). Those two episodes are a continuation of each other and they are probably two of the most action packed ER episodes ever. Ames/Luka/Abby, Abby and that man she met at the bar that was interested in her, Gates/Neela/Meg, Pratt, and Sam/Alex. Lots of stuff in the next two episodes and Kerry's goodbye is there to top it off. I have led spoilers and the upcoming two episodes are emmy-worthy.

I have LOVED the Forest Wittaker story. It was supposed to be done already but when NBC decided not to put ER on hiatus due to its success this season they changed some stuff around and pushed back the final two appearances for Whittaker.

I love how in last night's episode they had Kerry bring up the fact she took the fall for Luka and then, by the end of the episode, Luka wanted to keep her. I love how they displayed the friendship between Kerry and Abby and this created some more tension with Luka and Abby. Kerry's goodbye was emotional and it certainly shows how far Kerry has come this season. Her taking the fall for Luka earlier this season was a turning point for her and, ultimately, led to what is happening now.

I am loving Morris. He really has come a long way and I also love that they are giving Sam more to do. Love her grandma and the way she treated Alex. I also love Ben and Sam together and I am happy for her.

I have warmed up to Gates. I like her daughter but Meg is turning into a psycho. If I didn't know where this was going, I would totally figure it out from what happened yesterday. I still want Neela/Ray but I can tolerate Gates now.

The Pratt twist was unexpected. I thought it would go some other way but I like where it's going. I also have grown to like Faith and her involvement in Pratt's story.

This is definitely one of the best seasons of ER. The show has maintained momentum all year from last year's season finale and what is coming up is only going to be better then what we have already seen.

• Members

Why is it RIP?

The show is better then it's been in years and is having it's best ratings year overall in years.

It wasn't ER's decision-it was Laura Innes. The reason why she was barely on the past few years was due to her desire to be a director. ER accomadated her and she wanted a deal where she directed 11 shows and acted in 11 shows. She wanted to do other things and be solely a director this year and ER wrote her exit...for now. It is not clear if it's final yet or not.

• Members

Morris has come a long way for me. I hated the character at first, but now he's in my top 3. His kids and the Hope situation (in addition to the multpile personalities plot) really sealed it for me.

I don't like what they did with Gates/Meg this past week. It's like they are making her crazy, to push Gates and Neela as being more acceptable. If I recall right, he slept with Meg and let her lean on him after her husband died... of course she was going to react the way she did, with or without the alcohol in her.

Pratt has been a bit boring, but his issue with his brother (loved the convo he had with Kerry) and this church drug thing has picked up my interest in him.

And I hope, Hope sticks around. I'm enjoying her. I love Sam's crazy grandmother!! She reminds me of my mother.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow...shocked no one posted about last night's episode.

Best ER episode in ages (well, since last year's finale for me). FW deserves a guest star emmy for this. GV and MT were superb and at least deserve some recognition. Excellent.

Even though I knew what was going to happen, it still had me on the edge of my seat. Also, Sam's son is a psycho but I am glad they are playing the fallout from Sam's actions earlier in the season. Oh, and Stamos finally impressed me. I felt for him and I was shocked that Rachel was his. The girl who plays Rachel was awesome in the scenes after Meg's death.

Just a superb show. Emmy submission for sure.

• Members

I think they can. Last night's episode had a GG and SAG winner, who might also win the oscar. FW is definitely getting a guest star emmy-nod for this.

The show has been getting acclaim all year for it's creative resurgence. If next year is it's last year, it just might get one. It deserves one IMO. This year has been fantastic with this episode being the best.

Archived