CBS Evening News W/Katie Couric

bellcurve

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^ I haven't heard anything about a pay cut, but her official title with CBS (besides anchor) is "managing editor." That doesn't sound like it would come cheap, but who knows?

IA with the poster that said she looked unprofessional leaning on the desk....I was wondering if that was planned?? :huh:

• Members

I'm so schocked that 'Bri' reads personal e-mail on the Nightly News! Damn, that's so O'Reilly of him! Damn...

Back to Katie, I'm really enjoying her new show -- the best evening news EVER!!! :wub: -- but I'm getting a little ticked off with this ANNOYING 'tick' of hers. Has anyone noticed that EVERYTIME she introduces a clip package, she quickly JERKS her head to the right and looks down, as if she's monitoring the upcoming segment? I mean, she does NOT have to do that. And it's REALLY annoying. I mean, the alternative is her staring at the audience until the package actually comes on, but that's even more annoying. It's a Catch 22, I suppose, but I just WISH there were an alternative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I've never really been into the evening news. For some reason, what started out as just being curious and see how she does on Tuesday has turned into me watching all week long. LOL! And I never watched her on The Today Show. I know some critics feel that she has been devoting too much time on few topics, but I enjoy the more depth and the preceding hour and half of local news can cover everything else.

She's been getting a pretty good sampling of eyeballs for her first week. From TV Guide Online:

Thursday's CBS Evening News with Katie Couric ranked No. 1 for a third straight night, albeit this time with 9.48 million viewers, yet another dip from the previous tallies of 13.6 then 10.13 mil.

• Members

I know, I just saw on "ET" that she was #1. I had no idea! I'm so happy for her! she really deserves it. And I wouldn't think the ratings dips should suggest people are losing interest in her. It's just that the net needs to maintain the aggressive promotion to hook the viewers. I watched the first two nights but work kept me after hours today so I couldn't watch. LOVE her, LOVE that newscast, just missed it. But I'll be back next week. Or I'll tape it. Because CBS Evening News is actually fun, informative and pleasurable to watch!!! Nightly news. Who knew?! :lol:

• Members

My favorite newscast is Shepherd Smith on FOX. He is so much fun and a good newscaster, too. Also, the format is interesting the way it balances the sorts of news of interest during the day.

To me, Katie is too controlled and I never cared for that style. Hope she does well, though.

• Members

Personally, I think that Katie Couric is the most overrated personality in the news business. Also, I cannot stand how dumbed-down this new newscast has become. (Although that being said, Couric is still an improvement from Dan Rather, who--in addition to having such a huge liberal bias--is just an all-around nasty person.)

I am so sad that CBS felt the need to replace Bob Schieffer, who I think is one of the best news personalities, just because he was getting "too old." Although both ABC and NBC now have much better nightly newscasts than CBS, I will now be watching Charlie Gibson becasue (1) he is another class act like Schieffer and (2) I like him better than Brian Williams.

• Members

Toadstool, how DARE you automatically assume that (just becasue my views are right of center) I automatically have my lips "attached to Rush Limbaugh's fat ass." You should know that I am no fan of Rush Limbaugh or the ultra-right views he preaches. How would you feel if I automatically assumed that you--or anyone else who was left of center--had your lips attached to Michael Moore's fat ass.

Your comment was absolutely disgraceful and you ought to be ashmed of yourself.

Archived