Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Dies.

SnCCorinthos4ever

• Members

This is a news flash that just came on here.

The Age

Crocodile man, Steve Irwin, dies

Email

Print

Normal font

Large font

Staff reporters

September 4, 2006 - 2:21PM

Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, has died after being stung by a stingray in Queensland, according to reports.

Mr Irwin apparently died in a marine accident on the Great Barrier Reef, initial reports say.

A spokeswoman for Irwin's Australia Zoo said she was aware of the reports but the zoo would not be making any statements at this stage.

theage.com.au

HeraldSun

Steve Irwin killed by stingray

September 04, 2006 12:00am

Article from: ReutersFont size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead. It is believed he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary when it happened.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality today at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.

It is understood Irwin was killed around noon, Eastern Australian time.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my god! I thought it was a joke. I never imagined ... I mean, yeah, he works with dangerous creatures, as do many other people. I'm surprised nothing more serious happens.

This is so sad. My thoughts go out to his wife, and his son. Did he have any other kids?

So sad :(

• Members

I read it this morning. Of all creatures that could have killed him over the years, it ended with a stingray!

Some thought he was crazy and made fun of him because of his enthusiasm, I never thought of him that way. I always watched his shows on Animal Planet and for me it wasn't hard to feel the love he had for animals.

This is such sad news about a true hero who dedicated his life saving and protecting all kinds of wild animals. His wife Terri and two small children are in my thoughts.

Here's an interview that took place a few months before his death.

R.I.P Steve

irwinfamilywideweb470x3790mm6.th.jpg irwin2wideweb470x3520zk3.th.jpg

Archived