Primetime Emmys Live Discussion Thread

DaysForever

• Members

I'm happy with 24, Keifer Sutherland, Mariska, Jeremy Piven and the Office winning..

Would have liked Jean Smart or the one of the ladies from GA's winning supporting actress in a drama...Blythe Danner? WTF?

and i would have liked Steve Carrel and Jamie Pressley to win...but oh well..

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HAHA!! FOUR-PEAT for TAR! I had no doubt. Take that American Idol... :lol: I can't believe people would actually think Idol would win, just becuase its the most watched show on television doesn't mean it deserves an Emmy. Even TAR8 is better than any Idol episode.

And I think the voters see the fact that it takes 100x more work to make TAR happen than just making a theatre look pretty for people to warble and pretend to sing. Survivor is going to win the Emmy long before Idol ever will. But when watching the 5 nominees back to back, TAR's production is massive and even at its worst can show up Idol or Survivor. TAR is completely deserving, and I am ecstatic they won.

Also very happy about The Office, but sad that Steve Carell didn't win.

• Members

The Aaron Spelling-tribute was really great. Loved Heather Locklear and Joan Collins and was thrilled/shocked to see Charlie’s original angels - together, on the same stage, practically holding hands. MIRACLE!

As much as I love Kate Jackson - I practically grew up with “Scarecrow and Mrs. King”, one of my all-time favorites - but what happened to her face!? I know she battled cancer but this looked more like plastic surgery gone wrong. Eww! Anyway, great to see her again on TV!

Funniest moment pf the whole Emmys: The 7th Heaven-logo and cast to the musical them of Melrose Place. LOL!

• Members

Uh-oh...I was watching Fox News this morning, and they reported that many people are upset over Conan's skit last night....the one where he was in a plane crash. They thought it showed no class, coming right after the real Comair plane crash that killed 49 people.

• Members

The after show on E! proved to be quite interesting too. Drunk Paula Abdul was back for all of us that missed her over the last few months. She was totally incoherent. It appeared that she had to grab a hedge to steady herself. There was some snapping, weird hand movements, and lots and lots of slurring. The E! correspondents basically had to cut her off. LOL!

• Members

i'm really happy for julia, mariska, the office, and keifer they definately deserved it. But i have one promblem, among others, with the eMmy's and it;'s that no one seems to clap during the in memoriam parts when someone from soaps show up. i just think it's so rude. i mean it doesn't take that much out of you to clap for god sakes.

also does anyone know who won the guest categories????

• Members

Guest Actress in a Comedy: Cloris Leachman, Malcolm in the Middle

Guest Actor in a Comedy: Leslie Jordan, Will & Grace

Guest Actress in a Drama: Patricia Clarkson, Six Feet Under

Guest Actor in a Drama: Christian Clemenson, Boston Legal

• Members

Good show, even though I don't watch the majority of those shows

I'm a reality tv junkie, glad TAR won but I would have voted for Survivor this year.

Great send off for Megan Mullaly.

Jacklyn Smith still looks hot!!!! How old is she anyway

Glad my Barry Mannilow won !!!

Great to see Gloria Monty in the tribute

Archived